A X Surprising X Challenge

Liliana's POV

"Looks like we made it on time," remarked Kurapika, scanning the area.

"Yeah, it seems so," I replied, my gaze sweeping the surroundings as Gon and I searched for Leorio.

Suddenly, a chill ran down our spines, and our eyes were drawn to Hisoka, who was pointing towards Leorio sitting under a nearby tree.

Hisoka: I left your friend confused, broken and alone over by that tree.
Liliana: Thanks Bro.
Hisoka: Don't mention it. I'm going to kill you. (^__^)
Liliana What?! *Menacing aura.*
Hisoka: I'm was just kidding Princess~~~
Liliana: Arrgh! He gets on my nerve.
Hisoka: For now.....

I narrowed my eyes, observing the healed wounds on his neck. "Tch! I should've aimed for his head instead of his neck," I muttered under my breath.

"Man, that stings. Why am I all beat up?" Leorio inquired, confused as he seemed to have lost his memories of the altercation. 

The three of us exchanged glances, silently agreeing not to divulge the truth.

"You fell down," I replied casually. "Do my wounds look like something you can get from falling down?!" he exclaimed in frustration.

"Now, now, calm down," I chuckled, crouching down beside him. "Gon! Liliana!" Killua called out as he approached us.

"Call me Liliana-Sama, you arrogant brat!" I snapped irritated. "I can't believe you guys made it. I thought you were done for," he continued, seemingly unfazed by my annoyance.

Ignoring Killua's comment, I gently caressed Leorio's swollen cheek. "Is it bad? Do I look ugly?" he asked concerned. "Don't you always?" Kurapika interjected with a shrug.

"Hahah!" I burst into laughter. "Hey! Take that—Ugh! It hurts," Leorio groaned, prompting me to pat his back comfortingly.

"Come on, it's nothing but a scratch! Be a man! Get up!" I encouraged smacking his back.

"How did you guys even find this place?" Killua asked, his curiosity evident in his tone. 

Gon proceeded to explain how we had tracked Leorio's scent, prompting Killua to remark, "You guys are definitely weird."

"Excellent work, everyone! Phase two of the exam will occur here in the Biska Forest Park. So, I shall take my leave. I wish the best of luck to all of you," Satoz announced before bidding us goodbye.

"Bye bye, Satoz. Hopefully, you'll have a mouth by the next time I see you," I said with a smile, waving at the mouthless examiner.

 To my surprise, he gave me a bow before departing, leaving me slightly flustered. "What are you getting shy for?" Killua frowned, noticing my reaction as I covered half of my face and looked away.

"It's not... it's just... when people from my kingdom bow, it never really affected me," I explained, feeling a bit embarrassed. 

"But seeing all these high-spec and strong people bow down to me... it feels kinda nice. Makes me feel powerful," I admitted with a shy smile.

"Man, you getting special treatment is pissing me off!" Leorio grumbled, playfully wrapped his hand around my neck, pretending to choke me, and I couldn't help but laugh at his antics.

As the gates opened, we all filed inside, greeted by the sight of a mansion with a sprawling garden set up for cooking. Menchi and Buhara introduced themselves as Gourmet Hunters and examiners, setting the stage for the next phase of the exam.

"Your second phase will involve cooking," announced Menchi, and I felt a spark of excitement ignite within me. 

'Cooking, huh? It's been a while, I guess...'