Ice Skating

"Who... Who are you?"

The dog is still staring at me with a blank face. I think he is a German Shepard. At the pet shop I saw dogs like that. But this dog is huge.

"Hi I'm guessing you're the new pet. Oh by the way the name is Bear. What's yours?"

"Why aren't you eating me?" I said weakly.

For once I saw an expression on his face. He was... grinning.

"Why would I do that?" He was now chuckling.

Oh no he is going to eat me.

"Because you're a massive dog and I am only a mere, hot, amazing, king-like, cute kitten."

I started backing away slowly. Though the only reason I was doing it slowly is because the tiles were so slippery that if I ran it would be like ice skating.

''I won't hurt you. I promise"

Yep then guess what I did. Wasn't exactly the smartest thing to do?

Ice skating. I slipped over when I tried to get away. I kept slipping and sliding. I didn't stop. I kept on repeating 'keep on sliding. Keep on sliding. Away, away. Keep on sliding.' In my head.

"That looks like fun."

I reached the stairs. Step by step I hopped up then looked back at bear then hopped up another step. I repeated this about 10 times. I was near the last step. Then I lost my footing and fell down a few steps. I regained my footing and jumped back up and continued up the steep climb.

''Do you need any help."

I just hissed at him.

"Oh by the way... Are you a boy or girl?"

I slowly turned around and gave him my death glare. He started whimpering and backed away.

"I'm a BOY."

"Ok glad we cleared that up. I'll see you around... Um what's your name?"

"Ace. My name's ace"

"Ok I'll see you round ace."

I continued up the stairs and prodded into Danielle's bedroom.