Chapter TwentyTwo: Anniversary

Authors Note
Sorry for the long time without an update! I am really busy with
University at the moment, due to exams and some paper deadlines coming up.
Also: I had this chapter already finished, but wasn't happy with it (pacing and dialog
just felt wrong). So I had to rewrite all of it.
The next chapter will come out in about 1-2 weeks, because I still have a lot to do
for Uni. After that updates will come more regularly again (every/every other day).
Thanks for the ongoing support!

Anniversary

"Sweetie, please drive a little bit slower." Asami said. She couldn't see a thing thanks to the blindfold Korra had put over her eyes.

"Why?" Korra laughed in a happy tone "Are you scared? Let me tell you, I had the best driving instructor there is."

"That might be true" Asami said after a short sigh "But this time she is blindfolded sitting next to you."

"Oh you think I meant you?" The Avatar said mockingly "I was talking about Hiro."

"What? Why didn't he tell me?" Asami said confused as to why he had never mentioned helping Korra in any way.

"Because I asked him not to." Korra answered and quickly added "I told him it was for a surprise."

Asami didn't know what to answer. Whenever she had seen Hiro they had exchanged a few words about what happened that day. She saw him as a friend and every time they talked he made her remember a different time. A time where she still had her father. They had never really talked about her relationship with Korra, they hadn't even talked about Korra all that much.

"We are here" Korra said and Asami heard a door close. She quickly raised her hands towards her blindfold to take it off, but before she had the time she heard the door next to her open hand felt Korra's hands over her own on the blindfold. "Not yet"

Asami sighed and looked to where she assumed Korra was standing. "And now? Should I sit in the car for the rest of the day?"

Korra didn't answer. Instead Asami felt Korra's hands slip under her and gently lifting her out of the car. Asami flung her arms around her girlfriends neck, one hand holding her purse and pressed herself against her girlfriend.

"I almost forgot how strong you are." Asami said smiling with her head on Korras chest, but Korra didn't answer. After being carried for about 3 minutes The Avatar stood still and Asami felt a warm glow around her. A glow that was extremely familiar.

"The Spirit World?" Asami said as soon as she felt the temperature change.

"Might be." Korra said giggling.

"Well, now that I found out where you were taking me, can I take the blindfold off. You know I hate not seeing what is going on around me." Asami said hoping Korra would take of her blindfold.

"And that is why. We you are going to keep that thing on for a little bit longer." Korra laughed after a short pause.

Asami sighed and then felt that Korra started moving. She didn't walk. Asami felt air zooming around her and she realized that they must zoom to a specific place. Korra had shown her that she was able to do that, but they hadn't used this form of transportation too much during their vacation because both of them didn't want to miss anything around them.

They came to a halt and Korra set Asami on the ground. Having her feet touch the ground again felt better. It gave her a sense of control, but she had to admit to herself being presses against her girlfriend had not been so bad either.

Before she could ask Korra again if she would be allowed to take of the blindfold off she felt how it lifted. Her eyes needed to adjust for a few seconds and when she opened them she saw Korra in front of her. Behind her was Iroh's little hut and the old man was standing in front of it pouring tea in a cup.