Chapter 5

Steve's POV

Bucky and Sam had explained what friends with benefits were to him. Even so Steve still didn't feel like he could ever make a move on Quinn while she was officially with Buck or not. In his eyes she was Bucky's girl until he said they were over and even then you didn't swoop in on your friend's ex. That was just how things were between friends. A silent code of conduct if you would. There would be cooling off periods between them when one or both would seriously be dating other people, but they would always go back to each other when single. So Steve had to suck it up and be around them every day he wasn't on a mission because he wasn't about to avoid his best friend after being separated for nearly seventy years.

Steve wasn't proud of himself for how he took his jealousy out on Quinn. It was just hard to be civil with her when Bucky and her were constantly being flirty or even worse, when he could hear them having sex. More than one person had asked Tony to soundproof their rooms so they wouldn't disturb everyone else's sleep. He'd lost count of how many times he'd been woken up to her screaming out his best friend's name repeatedly in the middle of the night. And now he was going to be trapped in a hotel room posing as husband and wife with her!

It certainly didn't help with Quinn's comment about packing nothing but bikini's, lingerie and heels making him blush like a schoolboy in front of everyone. Because Steve had instantly pictured her perfectly toned body in nothing but some skimpy scraps of lace and stiletto heels and had to actively think of literally anything that would kill the erection that started to swell at the vision of her dressed like that. Not to mention when she'd run her hands up his chest and into his hair to whisper in his ear about 'escapading' with her. Even just sitting here his pants became uncomfortably tight remembering the feeling of her teeth nipping his ear before lightly licking the lobe. Putting his head in his hands he tried to think about anything else so he didn't embarrass himself further.

It was at that particular moment that Natasha came into the kitchen on her way to get a water bottle before heading out with Clint for their mission in Washington state. Knowing exactly what her friend was thinking about she took pity on him and gave him some unsolicited advice. "This mission might just be what you and Quinn need to have some really hot angry sex. You know, get it out of your system and move on."

Steve's head snapped up to lock his disbelieving blue eyes onto her amused green eyes. There was that sympathetic expression again on her face as Nat leaned her arms against the counter to quietly say, "I know how you feel about her, Steve."

"I don't know what you're talking about, Romanoff." He tried to not look panicked, but knew he failed utterly when she gave him a small smile. Natasha came around the counter to sit on the stool next to him, setting her water on the counter at her elbow.

Keeping her voice low she told him, "I've seen the way you look at her when you think no one's watching, Steve. No one else has picked up on it as far as I know, but I remember what you two were like around each other the first few months she was here. She was into you. It's on you that you didn't make a move. Now she and Barnes are 'fonduing' their little hearts out at all hours of the day and night." Steve looked at her in disbelief as she continued. "I suggest you take this time to work on your guy's issues so we can all get some peace around here." With that she hopped down and left him to his thoughts.

Thinking about what she said he knew she was right. They couldn't keep at each other the way they had been for the last year and a half. If they did she would end up leaving or he'd ruin his friendship with Bucky or a combination. Neither was an option Steve wanted to happen. Resolved to talk to her to try and smooth things out a bit before they left in the morning he headed towards the dorms to her room. Besides, Steve also needed to talk to Bucky about how he felt about Quinn since they seemed to be once again on a cooling off period. He wanted the all clear before broaching that subject with her. Either way he needed to talk to them both and clear the air.

Lost in thought about how he was going to explain why he'd been such a jerk to her for the last year Steve didn't hear the moans coming from down the hall until he heard Bucky yell out, "Fuck, Quinn.. God, you feel so good!"

Steve stopped in his tracks. Hands clenched tightly at his sides in fists he stood there frozen in place listening to them unable to move. Because of his enhanced hearing he could hear Bucky ask Quinn if she'd enjoyed their sparring session and if she was ready for round two in the shower. He didn't know why he paused a moment longer to hear her reply about how Bucky would have to hold her up cause her legs weren't working yet.

Not able to stand listening to anymore, Steve stormed down the hall and headed straight to the elevator to head down to the gym. He couldn't listen to their marathon sexcapades. Once they got going they didn't stop until they practically passed out from exhaustion. Bucky never talked to him about what they did together, but the one thing he had told Steve was that Quinn was very creative and had the stamina to match him. Which he had found out was because of her ability to echo his super soldier abilities. It had gotten Steve thinking more than once late at night about what it would be like between him and Quinn since he too had the super soldier serum. Shaking his head to clear out those thoughts and their noises he pressed the button to the floor the gym was on. He really needed to hit something. He also made a mental note that he needed to make sure to hound Tony about sound proofing the God-damned bedrooms. Maybe he would see about moving back to the Tower for a while just to get some peace and some space.