| Four |

Shouto watched Izuku's hands shake as he used a knife and quickly took over the task leaving the shorter male to boil water to cook enough pasta for the people living in the temple. He kept looking over his shoulder, unable to keep his eyes off his mate for no longer than a couple of minutes, and it made him feel odd. He also noticed Izuku was wearing his favorite black turtle neck, eliciting a pleased croon from his dragon he didn't let out.

He shakes his head and goes back to finishing cutting the vegetables with Kirishima. The redhead slides his cutting board closer, Sora now off running around with Bakugou.

"So, how are you doing?" Kirishima hums, sparing a glance at him.

"What do you mean?" Shouto shrugs, refusing to look at him, knowing if he did, Kirishima would instantly be able to see his inner turmoil. "Same as I always am."

"You sure a certain new green-eyed mate isn't making you feel things?" Kirishima swipes his share of the vegetables into a big salad bowl before crossing his arms and staring at Shouto. At the mention of Izuku, Shouto tenses, trying his best to hide it by chopping faster. But nothing seems to slip by Kirishima as he points and whisper yells, "He is! After dinner, me, you, and Yaomomo are having a discussion."

Shouto sighs, knowing there's no way he can get out of it, and nods while swiping his cut vegetables into the bowl. Kirishima smiles brightly, patting Shouto's shoulder before taking the bowl and starting to set the table in the dining hall.

He runs a hand through his bi-colored hair, eyes flashing back over to Izuku, who's extremely focused on straining a pot of water like he's never done so in his life. The sight tugs at the corner of his lips, and that odd feeling is back.

>< >< ><

Izuku worries his bottom lip as he takes a seat at the long table in the dining hall. Everyone is slowly filtering in from all ends of the temple. There's a lot of faces he doesn't recognize and makes a mental note to introduce himself as soon as he gets the chance.

The table is filled with food from end to end with an assortment of entrees. No doubt to feed the dragons more than their mates, considering how much Izuku has learned they need to eat daily. In fact, he could already see people digging in, plowing food into their mouths.

Izuku is filling his plate when Shouto takes the seat next to him, his plate already full.

He observes there are no shared words over dinner, just the sound of chewing and silverware scraping against plates. It's not something Izuku is used to. Gowing up in the Uraraka house, they always had discussions over dinner where they would check-in and talk about their days.

Beside him, Shouto eats the slowest out of all the dragons but still faster than any of the humans. He hopes because of that he can spark a conversation with his supposed mate.

"So what have you been up to since I saw you this morning?" Izuku peaks a glance at the other male, cheeks flushing lightly. He's still not used to how beautiful the taller male is.

"Training," Todoroki grunts as he shoves a spoonful of everything into his mouth.

Izuku nods and bites his lip to suppress a frown at the bluntness. He wants to get to know the man who he's supposed to mate with, but Todoroki seems to have the opposite intentions.

With that, he decides not to continue with any questions and eat his dinner in silence, watching as Uraraka stares dumbstruck at Asui already falling. He may be wrong but he notices a few markings peaking out from the neckline of Uraraka's shirt. That's something he'll have to bring up with her later he thinks as he grins evenly to himself.