- 17 -

no one pov

taehyung didnt hear jungkooks exact words. though jungkook registers his own words. he felt his ears heat up slightly at the fact he just called the boy 'baby'.

but in that moment, he didnt care. he knew taehyung needed to be supported, and cared for right now. so he disregarded it, and continued to hold the boy until taehyungs cried were nothing but small hiccups into his chest.

after he heard taehyungs cried die down, jungkook lifted his head from taehyungs, looking down at the small boy, still clutching onto his shirt.

"better now?" he asked softly, humming ever so softly. taehyung glanced up at the older, his cheeks heating up.

he sniffled, looking back down. "s-sorry." taehyung said a stuttering mess. jungkook bit back a smile. no matter what.. this boy was just too cute.

after a few minutes of silence, taehyung still stayed in jungkooks hold. finding it really comfortable, he didnt want to leave. jungkook didnt have any protest, he would hold taehyung forever if he could.

but jungkook then decided to speak up. though, this might not be the best moment to ask. he needed to say it, before he lost the confidence to do it.

"taehyung." he said. the boy freezing momentarily at the call of his name. slowly and shyly, looking up again to meet the olders face. "yes?" he asked, his teary red eyes dilated. jungkook took in a deep breath.

"i want to be your caregiver."

at the very moment those words left jungkooks mouth. taehyungs eyes widened. his mouth falling open slightly as he gently pushed out of jungkooks hold.

"w-what?"

the boy asked with wide eyes, staring at jungkook in the very dim lighting. jungkook felt a feeling of slight panic start to rise, but he tried to ignore it.

"i-i would like to be your caregiver. that is assuming you dont already have one..." jungkook said, his eyes meeting the teary puffy ones of taehyung.

the small boy shook his head softly. "n-no..i dont." he said, his voice quiet, still in shock. he wondered how jungkook even knew what a caregiver even was. forgetting that the blond had done his own research.

jungkook nodded with a small (relieved) sigh. "ok.. s-so.. i would like to be yours. i-im not sure if theres something i have to do to become your care giver. b-but i'll do it... if there is."

jungkook said, stuttering occasionally, growing flustered.

"why..?"

taehyung then said in the smallest voice ever. snapping jungkook out of his speech. he looked at tae with soft eyes. the stunned younger stared at him. blinking away his tears.

"w-why... would you want to be my c-caregiver?.." he asked.

jungkook felt his heart clench at how broken the boy had sounded saying that. he knew this was probably all too much for the boy. 

from his assumption, he guessed not many people knew of his little space. as well, recalling the time jimin had asked him why his parents werent watching him when his cousin was away. he guessed not many knew about that either.

he just wished he could make everything bad go away for the little one.

"why?" jungkook questioned. taehyung stayed still, staring silently at the older male.