10. Reunion

I sat there staring at the letter for a while, re-reading his words over and over. I needed to see him as soon as possible, I would floo to the flat this second if he and Fred weren't working right now. I had so much to say to him, things that he needed to hear in person. I had to go tonight.

I gently folded the letter and slipped it into my back pocket as I tried to focus on finishing my breakfast. I pushed around my food as my recently starved appetite had now disappeared, feeling much too distracted to eat. As I stirred with my thoughts I heard two pairs of footsteps coming down the stairs, and looked up to see Ginny and Hermione entering the kitchen.

"Morning Paigey." Ginny yawned as she took the seat next to me, her hair still wet from the shower.

"Good morning." Hermione followed with a groan as she rubbed her eyes and sat across from us. Her hair was frizzy and she had leftover mascara smeared around her eyes.

"Long night, hm?" I teased, raising my eyebrow at her from across the table.

"Very, I'm starving." She said as she began piling her plate with food from the spread. Ginny and I couldn't help but look at each other and laugh, this was very out of the ordinary Hermione behavior. She'd always been a pretty light eater and was always making fun of Ron for shoving his face all the time. So this was a sight to see for sure.

She noticed our laughter as we failed miserably to hide it, and looked up slowly with a piece of bacon hanging out of her mouth, "Oh shut it you two." She mumbled as she gracefully covered her mouth, trying to slow herself down.

"I wish Ron was here to see that, I think he would've fallen even more in love." Ginny teased, popping a ripped-off piece of her pancake into her mouth.

"Very funny." She rebutted with a smile.

"Are Ron and Harry up at the shop again today?" I asked, noticing they weren't home.

"Oi yeah, they left early this morning around six I think. Ron snuck in to try and wake me up to say goodbye but I was far too tired." said Hermione.

A few minutes of silence fell over the table as the three of us continued eating our breakfast, some small conversations bouncing between us here and there. As we were about finished, Molly appeared back in the kitchen to help us clean up.

"I see my girls were quite hungry this morning!" She said cheerfully, seeing our empty plates and the little food left on the kitchen table.

"Breakfast was absolutely delicious mum, thank you." Ginny said standing up with her plate as she rested her head on Molly's shoulder and kissed her on the cheek. The three of us went to start gathering the rest of the dishes as they levitated off the table, stacking themselves in mid-air before floating over to the sink.

"I'll handle the rest of things in here, you girls go enjoy the rest of your day, okay?" Molly said with a sweet smile, we nodded and thanked her again before getting ready to head outside for a bit since the weather was nice.

"I'll be out in a minute, I just have to do something quick." I said as Mione and Ginny made their way to the door, they nodded with a smile before disappearing outside.

Molly was finishing tidying up the kitchen as she looked up to see me still standing there.

"Something the matter, dear?" She asked with a furrowed brow as she set down what she was doing and walked over to me.

"No, I mean... I don't know." I sighed as I ran my hands over the sides of my face. "It's just- about George." She gave me a sweet look, almost like she knew what I was going to say.