8. The Letter

The twins had finally managed to rid the shop of all its customers around 8:30, almost thirty minutes past when they were supposed to close. They were always so busy, even on the days every other business in Diagon Alley was deserted. That just goes to show how far their passion for pranks and mischief had taken them, and it made me so happy that they had been so successful since opening the shop.

As the last customer made their way out the door, George quickly locked it as he pressed his forehead against the glass with a sigh.

"I think that was the busiest Monday we've seen so far." He mumbled under his breath before turning to face the rest of us.

"Well worth it though." Fred said with a smirk as he held up the money he was counting at the register, earning a chuckle from everyone.

"So, what do you need us to do George? Where should we start?" Hermione asked, looking at George and then to Ginny and me. We all wanted to be as much help as we could after their long day.

"Erm, maybe you and Ginny could just clean up some of the shelves and displays? You know, just straighten them out that's all. Ginny's done it hundreds of times, she'll help you if you don't know where something goes."

"I think we can handle that, anything else?"

"I think that's all for now, thank you. I'm gonna go get some boxes from the back that need to be put out tomorrow, Fred's closing out all the registers... Oh, Paige- can you help me back there?" He said, locking his eyes on mine. "There's a lot of packages that need to be opened and broken down, it'll be quicker with two people." I noticed the slightest glint of a smirk flash across his face as he finished his last sentence.

"Uhm, y-yeah. Sure, I can help with that." I answered, struggling to maintain eye contact with him.

"Perfect." He said as a sly smile took over his mouth, and he gave everyone the green light to start.

Ginny and Hermione went upstairs to start cleaning up, and Fred was occupied counting each of the drawers up front. George and I stood there in silence for a moment, him towering over me just a few feet away. He stood with his hands in his front pockets as he looked me up and down, before nodding his head in the direction of the back of the store and walking towards it. I followed nervously, watching him walk from behind. The sight alone was enough to cloud my mind with thoughts that made me want to squeeze my legs together.

We escaped any visibility from the others as we approached the door to the backroom, the key to which George had swiftly pulled from his back pocket as he unlocked it. He pushed it open, holding the door as he held out an arm gesturing for me to enter.

"Ladies first, of course." He said in a dark tone, keeping his eyes attached to mine. I rolled my eyes with a smile as I walked into the semi-dark room. He followed closely behind me before turning to close and lock the door.

The room was dimly lit and mostly concrete, the only items present being piles upon piles of unopened boxes and a few empty display tables.

"So where should I sta-" I started to ask before being quickly swept off of the floor.

"Come here." He groaned as he lifted me up against his waist, holding me up by my thighs as my legs instinctively wrapped around him.

"George! What are you doi-" I laughed before I was interrupted by a firm kiss against my lips.

He crashed his lips into mine as he tightened his grip on my legs, and I felt my body melt into him as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He was so strong and forceful, yet gentle at the same time somehow. I felt him squeeze under my thighs causing me to gasp, giving him the perfect opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth.