Staying Behind

"Brahms!!! I know you can hear me! Just please leave them alone. I promise I won't leave you...Just please don't hurt Greta and Malcom."  I didn't hear anything so I entered a hatch in the wall.

"Brahms!?" I yelled out.  I kept trying to move through the walls looking, for him till I hear screaming and walls breaking. I knew I loved Brahms, but I couldn't let anything happen to my sister.   

"Jake, thank god you are ok." I jumped when I felt a pair of arms around me. Greta.. How would I explain this to her....  We quickly ran up into the room where Brahms have been staying. I knew it was bad but it was horrible and the smell...I  turned and looked around and noticed one of my hoodies on a pillow. I didn't know if I should of been creeped out or blush.

"Oh my god, he has been living in the walls all this time.." Greta said in shock. She found a letter.

"They are dead.." 

"Who?" Me and Malcom asked.

"The Heelshires, they killed themselves." It all clicked to me why he got so overprotective. Suddenly a loud bang went off.

"We need to get out of here." Malcom said dragging us down the tunnels to a side area downstairs. 

As I saw a small door, Brahms suddenly busted through a wall knocking out Malcom and went after my sister. 

"Brahms wait! Please don't hurt them." I placed my hands on his chest. Greta looked at me odd, Brahms tilted his head. 

"I'm not leaving, I promise. Just please don't hurt them." I mouthed to Greta to run. She slowly dragged Malcom to the small door while Brahms focused on me.  

"Now Brahms, go get ready for bed." I said with a stern but shaky voice.  He gripped on to my wrist. 

"No by yourself. I promised I wouldn't leave, this is a test to see if you are a good boy or not." He whined but left to a bedroom I guess.  I quickly turned to my sister and helped her get Malcom and her out of the house. 

"Jake..please tell me you aren-" I cut her off with a hug.

"Greta, you take Malcom and drive far away from here and be happy. Tell anyone who asks about me that I found someone who I happy with. Just please leave Greta. All my life I have been a burden and a nobody so just let me do one thing right for once." She hugged me a bit tighter.

"I love you little brother."

"I love you too."  With that I ran back inside without looking back.