Drunk Greta

When I woke up I heard a bang and a cry. I quickly ran over to Brahms room since I am right next to his toys were everywhere  and Mrs.H was upset. I quickly came in to help her, she kept saying how he was being such a good boy until now, and how they were just about to leave. I turned to see Greta in the doorway. But it wasn't just her I felt watching me. Stop being so paranoid he can't find you guys.

I went back to my room to get changed and shower before breakfast and the Heelshires leaving. I took my mask off and looked in the mirror.  My right eye was paler then the left and the skin around it looked scarred and bruised still. I tried my best not to breakdown at seeing it. I hoped in the shower and let the hot water consume my stiff muscles and relax me. God I could kill for some tea. After letting the steam relax me I washed off with some soap and got out and changed into some comfy clothes, grabbed my mask and went downstairs.

---------

After we ate I cleaned up so Brahms and his parents could have a moment. I entered the room as they were saying goodbye to Greta. Mrs.H came over to me with a sadden expression.

"It seems that Brahms has taken a interest in you...I'm so sorry." She whispered in my ear as she gave me a hug. Odd, I quiet like Brahms. Once the Heelshire were out the door, Greta handed Brahms over to me. 

"I'm sorry but he kinda freaks me out." I laughed a bit knowing she was going to get a bit tipsy.

"Come o-on Brahms lets go to the study and read, but I h-have to warn you my reading voice is horrible." 

----------------

Some people view forgiveness,
As a virtue for the weak.
An act of Mercy undeserved,
That serves no useful need.

They stand firmly in their judgment,
And won't consider a mistake.
They prefer to hold a senseless grudge,
Than accept amends when made.

They feel they have some Godly right,
To reject and criticize.
They're possessed by righteous anger,
And consumed by pointless pride.

They're focused on how they've been wronged,
And won't be made the fool again.
So they feel they must avenge themselves,
By refusing to give in.

They will sacrifice their family,
Or forsake a long, time friend.
Do anything they have to do,
To be the winner in the end.

Or perhaps it's that they can't resolve,
The depth of all their hurt.
Caused when someone that they've trusted,
Left them questioning their worth.

But no matter why the struggle,
Out of pride or out of fear.
Not being able to forgive,
Can cause the loss of ones most dear.

Yes, forgiveness is a virtue,
They even say it is divine.
But more than that it sets you free,
From what weighs you down inside.

The best way to approach this life,
Is to ask forgiveness and to forgive.
There's a balance to this crazy world,
So live and just let live. 

"Why am I reading you this book it is so complex, but I guess your mom said you love music and poetry." I placed the book away and picked Brahms up to take him to his room.  I placed him in his chair.  I heard a crash, damn it. 

"Hold on Brahms I need to take care of Greta." 

----------------

So after cleaning up the mess, getting Greta in bed and showering myself I came back to Brahms room to see a tear on his face....A WHAT!!  I quickly wiped it off and notice a drop land in the same area. I looked up to see a leak. Ew.

"I'm sorry Brahms, come on lets get you bathed and in bed."  After his bath I placed him in bed and tucked him in. hmmm.

"How about a story before bed ok?" I pulled out the poetry book next to his bed and started to red for a bit until I got sleepy.

"Night Brahms." I placed kiss on his head and went to my room. I jumped into bed, under my covers and right before I drifted off into darkness I heard a faint.

"Goodnight Jake...."