Prologue/Backstory

My name is Lucy. I was born in London and lived there most of my childhood. My birthday is May 20.

A few days after I turned 14, my parents decided they wanted to start a new life in America. I really wanted to live in California. We had gone there once for Holiday (we went to Disneyland), and I'd dreamed of living there ever since. When my parents told me we were going to live in the contry, more sepcifically, the Midwest, more specifically, Illinois. I was hesitant at first, but when I searched it up on Google, I decided it seemed like a nice place. I started getting excited and a few months later, we were flying over the Atlantic, headed to our new home in Illinois.

***

That was 5 1/2 years ago. I am now 18 and halfway through my Junior year of college in Chicago. I forgot to metion, I'm kind of advanced for my age. My parents started noticing when I was about 9 or 10 when I was complaining about how easy math and science were. Although I complained a lot, I stayed in the correct grade level back in London and when we moved to America, I took many tests to see what grade I should be in before starting the year. That's when I got placed in grade 11 at age 14. Even though I was young for the grade, I made many friends pretty quickly. I dont know if it was because of my brains or my accent.. ((I think it was due to my accent though....I never understood why Americans love the British accent so much.)) But nevertheless, they are great. Even though I my seem pretty popular, I personally dont think I am. I'm pretty boring. I'm kind of shy, and all I do on the weekends is do random things on my laptop and phone....which is probably why I'm still single.

***

The summer after my Junior year is when everything changed....