In Over My Head

The weeks seemed to drag on endlessly; it was like everything around me was changing and My time was going so slowly. I felt like a snail, never getting to my destination or my own conclusion fast enough. There was so much I had to get done for my husband's funeral and the Baby's Nursery needed to be started... But how was I going to get things done the way Lucas wanted it without his help? I wished that He was still here with me. I just miss him so much! Susan and Paul; Lucas's parents had stayed to help me finish Our Babygirl's nursery. While My Parents, Greg and Layla helped with the household chores and helped me to get on my feet. I felt so depressed that I wasn't eating properly and I wasn"t in the mood to go out with friends anymore.

"Honey, You have to eat and go out. You can't stay cooped up in this house forever. Lucas would't have wanted you or his baby to be wasting away!" My mother said to me as she touched my arm and kissed my head. I sighed defeated, It was the truth. In the Aftermath of My Husband's passing; I was depressed and I had stopped eating and seeing our old friends. "Okay! Okay! Stop fussing. I will go out with Sydney." I said as I leaned back in the chair and sighed heavily as I thought about going out for even one night.

I grabbed my phone, I began to text Sydney about going out for awhile and she was so excited. "Let's meet up at 7 and head to The Roadside mall. Sound good?" I sent the text and than waited for a response.

Why was I feeling so guilty about leaving The house? Was it because I had things to do there or was it simply because I wanted my husband back??  I had to figure all this out on my own and it freaking sucked! I am now a widowed Mother at Nineteen and I have no idea what I am doing or even where I am going? What was God's purpose in having me go through this heart wrenching experience of losing My Husband and My Daughter never knowing her Father?