The Aftermath

Furious wasn't even the right word I would use to describe how I was feeling when The Doctors and Nurses pushed me out of My Husband's hospital room just a few seconds ago. I was filled with so many emotions at one time; Anger, Confusion, Hurt, And so much more. The tears flowed and I couldn't stop them as I screamed and sunk to the floor. My Husband was never coming home again, He would never meet our daughter; and he would never walk her down the aisle. My mind felt like this was just a cruel joke, and he would be waking at any moment... But Lucas was dead and there wasn't anything that anyone could do to console me.

All I had left was Our Baby Girl Evelyn Marie; My Parents and His. I couldn't even think about a life without Lucas, It hurt too damn much! Leaving the hospital, I couldn't even think straight; Let alone drive home. Everything I loved was taken from me in an Instant! I knew I was going to Struggle for a while, but I also knew that I had His parents and Mine to help me when I needed them to. "How Am I going to get through this? How am I supposed to be a single parent?" I asked out loud as I gently rubbed my stomach as Evelyn kicked and moved inside. The Journey ahead would be rough, but I knew I was going to get through it with the help of Our Daughter Evelyn. Maybe She was sent here to me because God knew I wouldn't be able to get through my husband's death alone?

The Drive home was eerily silent as No one said a word and My tears fell silently against the leather seats. All I felt was sheer and utter pain as I imagined a life without Lucas, but we created a life together and that Life was growing every day inside of me. I had to fight for her and be strong for her as well as for myself. Our Baby, Our Future.