The Forgotten

(Billie POV)

     I slowly woke to the sound of beeping. I tried to gain focused and realized I was in a hospital. I sat up and had a cast on my left hand as well as a bandage on my head. I had a few scratches on my right arm and a few bruises. I wonder how long I’ve been here. I had a few patch buttons that were stuck on my chest that led to the machines and a clamp on my finger for my heart rate. I started to remember what happened. Oh no… Kendra. Adrenaline rushed through my veins as I quickly pulled of the patches sending the monitors into a buzzing frenzy.  I threw the one from my finger to the bed as I jumped up. I looked at the clock and it was 3 in the morning. I stepped to my door and eased it open. I stuck my head out to find my hall empty. I saw a big sign hanging labeled ICU. Kendra has to be here somewhere. I started down the hall. My gown opened a bit giving me a cold chill so I quickly tied it tight. I stopped at a corner and peaked around to see a few nurses talking looking at a magazine. I looked around and saw a few rooms on down from mine so I quickly rushed passed the hall that had the nurses’ station. I slid in my socks as I tried to stop at a door that was slightly open. I looked in but just an old man. I moved on. I saw folders by some doors so I read the names on each until I found the door I wanted. Kendra Miller. It had the day of the accident and then today’s date. Apparently we’ve been here for two days now. I kept reading. Dislocated shoulder, concussion, minor brain tissue damage, several scrapes and bruises… total stitches: 132. 115 internal, 17 external. Miscarriage, possible amn- wait what?I stopped reading there, and my eyes shut back to the words miscarriage. My heart sank at the words. Oh my god! I cant believe this is happening. I started to hyperventilate and tear up. I quickly closed the folder and placed it back. I looked to the door and my heart was in pain. I put my hand on the door when I heard talking. There was a woman and a man talking, then I heard Kendra’s voice. She’s awake! I have to see her. I quickly opened the door. “Kendra?” I said with hope. She looked at me with a blank face. I was hoping for a different reaction but maybe she’s still in shock. An older woman was standing by her, but she wasn’t a nurse. There was a cop at the foot of the bed. I saw a familiar face on the couch. It was Josh Kendra’s ex from back home. I ignored them and looked to Kendra who was still staring at me.

“That’s him!” Josh said pointing at me.

“Oh my dear baby!” The woman whined a little as she bent closer to Kendra grabbing her right hand.

“What?” I asked confused.

“Are you sure?” The cop asked him sternly.

“Yes.” Josh said. The cop walked toward me and grabbed my arm.

“Hey! What’s going on?” I demanded pulling away.

“Are you Billie Joe Armstrong?” The cop asked.

“Yeah.” I said confused.

“sir I’m going to have to put you under arrest.” He grabbed my arm again. I pulled it away.

“What!? For what? I did nothing!” I stepped back and looked to Kendra who was still looking at me like I was a total stranger. “Kendra baby what’s going on?” I gave her a worried look. She just stared at me.

“You kidnapped my daughter! That’s what’s going on! And you killed her and Josh’s Daughter!” The woman spat out.

“What the FUCK!? I did not! And that was my daughter! Kendra tell her! I didn’t kidnap you or any of that bullshit!”

“Yes you did! You’re so obsessed with my daughter that you took her away in the middle of the night and tried to brainwash her and raise the baby as your own!” My eyes were big in shock at these accusations. I had never wanted to murder a woman so badly, but this bitch was pushing me to the edge.