I Didn't Even Get A Chance To See Your Sweet Face

(Kendra)   

    The weekend had come and gone in a flash. I walked to Billie’s who met me at the door before I could even step on the porch. He smiled and hugged me.

“Mom wants to come so she’s driving. Is that ok?” I smiled.

“Absolutely! It makes me happy that your moms so interested and doesn’t just throw me to the side.”

“Aww yeah well she’s always had a soft heart, plus we talked about it yesterday and we’ve come to terms with everything so she’s kind of excited to have another grandchild.” Wait what, there’s others?

“Another? Billie did-“

“No no not me..” He laughed. “I have older siblings like way older, but they’re out doing their own thing so its very rare they bring the kids around.” Well that’s relieving.

“Oh.” I smiled. Billie’s mom stepped out and locked the door. She threw her arm around my shoulder.

“Ready?” She asked smiling.

“Absolutely!” I smiled back we walked to the car. “I’m really happy you’re coming.” I said to her.

“Aww well I’d like to be involved with at least one grandchild.”

“Well I would love it if you were.” We smiled to each other and Billie opened the front door letting me in. “Thanks.”

“No problem babe!” He shut the door and hopped in the backseat. We made it to the doctor’s office and there were pregnant women and some young children everywhere. The lady at the window handed me some papers to fill out so I sat between Billie and his mom and they helped me.

“Are you pregnant?” I looked up to see a young mommy looking at me. She was maybe 6 months in.

“Yes.” I smiled.

“Aw you must have just found out then.”

“Yeah just a few days ago. They said I was 3 weeks.” She smiled and nodded.  Billie looked at me and smiled.

“Mrs. Miller!” I heard my name called. I stood and The others followed.

“This way.” They took my weight, temperature, and blood pressure. She took us to my room and said the doctor would be back in a bit. There was an ultrasound machine set up. I sat in the chair in the middle. It had stirrups on each side. Billie stared at them with big eyes and his eyebrows raised. He pointed at them.

“What the fuck are those for?”

“Billie! Language!” His mother smacked him on the arm. He turned to her laughing then looked at me

“I’m sorry but what are they for.”

“For when they have to look at my... hooha.” He raised one eyebrow.

“Hmm maybe I should work here. AHHH MAH!” She hit him two more times. “To make money mah! Jeez.”

“Sure.” She laughed. I giggled.

“Move over a sec.” He turned my legs to the side then sat up where I had my legs hanging over. He lifted each leg placing them in a stirrup. He looked back at me. “Hey check it out... I’m having a baby.” I laughed.

“You’d be screaming.” He smiled then faced forward.

“Ahhhhhhhh Im having a baby! Mom! MAH quick catch it!” She looked at him rolling her eyes. I laughed. “Mom! Reach your arms out and catch it! Ahhhh!” He looked back at me. “YOU did this to me!!” The doctor stepped in and chuckled. Billie quickly turned meeting eyes with the doctor. “Oh..” He smiled and slowly lifted his legs out. I just smiled trying not to laugh. As he made awkward faces trying to get down and back to his chair.