- C h a p t e r S i x -

Theo's P.O.V

I grab Shai's hand on our walk.

"Shai, your parents are coming today..." I completely forgot. I'm sure she did too. Her face, behind her glasses drops.

"When are they coming?" She panicks, I can tell, she freezes and stops walking.

"At one." I say. It's almost twelve now.

"Should we go?" She asks. We have got a whole-lotta tidying in Shai's apartment it's probably worse than mine. And mine's bad.

"How about we walk for a bit longer?" I say. I know, I hold my hands up. I'm pushing it for time, I realise that but tidying is worse than being with Shai, on a walk so of course I'm going to choose to stay, walking with Shai.

"Okay, a bit longer." I can tell that the fact we have to tidy up is getting on top of her.

We walk for a while, we're on the ball with checking the time. When it turns exactly twelve, we are at Shai's, preparing to tidy. I sigh. We have so much to do.

"Shai, you ready yet?" I call. She went to her room to chabge into something nicer for her parents. I insisted there'd be no point, she'll only get the clothes dirty by washing up or something. But Shai is Shai. She's so stubborn that you never get your edge of word in. So don't bother. That's how I see it.

"Yeah!" She replies. I wait for her to come out. She's wearing a high neck shirt which clings to her body and tights along with her black skirt. I smile. "Well," She clasps her hands together. "Let's get going." And we begin the tidying.

Shai's P.O.V

When we're finished tidying, I'm exhausted. I haven't tidied so much stuff since I was eight, when I used to shove everything underneath my bed.

"Jeez Shai, considering you can pack all your belongings into one suitcase, you make a lot of mess." Theo says, I laugh. It's true. I make a lot of mess, I always have. Theo pants, so do I to be honest. Bending up and down is tiring after almost an hour of it.

"Yeah, I know." It's just in time. We hear knocks on the door. Theo grins nervously and I take in a deep breath. I haven't seen them in a while. I run to Theo, give him a quick peck and open the door.

"Mom! Dad! Tanner!" I say excitedly. Theo comes up from behind me, his famous grin on.

"Theo! Shai!" Mom and dad say. They've met Theo before and Tanner thought we were dating, it didn't go too well.

Tanner basically started the whole protective brother thing, wouldn't let me or Theo put one word in. That's something our whole family has, stubbornness. Anyway, once he finished, Theo and me had to explain the whole thing, flustered. It was the media. They accused us of dating during Divergent and Tanner saw it, accused us of it. Luckily mom and dad didn't find out...

"How are you?" Mom asks me, patting my back.

"Well, how are you doing?" I ask.

"Wonderful." She says simply. "It's lovely in here, isn't it Lon-" She notes that dad isn't listening and catches his attention. "Lonnie?" He turns around.

"Oh, yeah, yeah." He says. I laugh as does Theo and Tanner. They exchange and awkward glance at each other. They have been very awkward since Tanner accused us of dating. And he's going to hate that we are currently lying to him.

"Aww, Theo! How lovely are you?  Inviting us all the here to see Shailene. Your so caring." Mom says, grabbing Theo cheek and stretching his skin. I laugh at Theo face. He looks cutely vulnerable right now.

"Uh, yeah." Is all he says, I burst into laughter, as does Tanner. Theo blushes.

"So, Theo, how are you?" My dad asks him. He sits on the couch, as does mom and Tanner.

"Good, what about you, Lonnie?"

"Ah, magnificent." He breathes in deeply. I go to make tea for everyone, herbal tea that is. I make sure I know which is Theo's, because I make him just tea. No herbs or flavourings. Nothing.

I come out with the tea, hand mom and dad's to them first, then Tanner. And finally, me and Theo. I watch Theo's face as he drinks it. He cringes. I taste my own and nearly spit it back out. I gave him the wrong one. We quietly swap and Theo nods with appreciation. I chuckle. Tanner stares at us. My laughter soon disperses. As does Theo's. A twinge of guilt passes through me. I want to tell Tanner but I know I can't. Yes, we're dating but Tanner doesn't need to know that yet. We'll tell him later, not today.

Theo's P.O.V

When Shai's parents are finally gone, I turn to Shai.

"You okay?" She asks me. I slowly nod. I got some glares of Tanner, mega glares. Especially when Shai gave me the wrong cup, we swapped them even though we'd both drank out of them.

"Tanner really hates me." I say, I flop onto the sofa. Shai sits down next to me.

"Oh, he doesn't." She says. She knows though, she knows full well that he hates me. It's all because of during Divergent filming.

+++

"Look, whatever you two are up to, I don't want you two to mess up. If ypu break up, you know the franchise isn't going to go well-"

"Tan-" Shai tries to interrupt. It doesn't work, Tanner keeps going.

"So I suggest that you keep it low, no smooching in public, no pregnancy, no break ups-"

"Tanner-" I begin but Tanner's not interested. My face gets hot as he continues. I block him out for a while, until he stops that is. My face gets hotter at every word of his, not normal for me. I don't blush often. And Tanner already has made me a tomato at this point.

When he's finally finished, both me and Shai and tomatoes. I'm about to say something but Shai beats me to it.

"Tanner, we're not dating." She says. But I don't think it's enough to make him believe us.

"Yeah, Tanner, we're just friends, nothing more and nothing less." I say. I still don't think he's convinced but he settles.

"Okay." He says simply. I'm still superstitious though.

+++

"Shai, I'm totally serious, he hates me." She shakes her head and grabs my hand.

"Listen, he doesn't hate you." She says sternly. "He's just still not convinced, that's all."

"You know, he's going to be so angry at us - at me - when he finds out we're actually dating."

"Well, we'll deal with that when it comes around." She smiles and I inch my lips closer to her. I brush my lips against hers, smiling.

"Okay," I say. I kiss her again, stroking her cheek, my fingers stretched across her jaw. My other hands sits on her waist. Her hands go under my armpits and lay on my upper back. I smile. She's mine, finally.

THE PICTURE!! SHEO!!!!!!!! SHAI TOTALLY LOVES HIM. LOL. But seriously...Hahaha... :/ I ship them so hard.