Chapter 9

STT: Practice Match

....

Today, was our practice to unknown player therefore we are in warm up. When the coach get in with the other trainor he call us to gather round. The ball sound echoed as we walk toward them.
How you been guys? Like you been doing well. And I'm sure your excited to know your opponent is for today.- he look each of us with a smile plaster in his face.
You may come in- at his cue people walk into the door. Their steps echoes while we're just silent staring at them. It surely surprising. I wonder what they are planning. The coaches gather Infront and the visitor form line beside us. Coach Isebt clear his throat.
Welcome to our humble abode. As you know you gather here for a practice match in praperation for the upcoming Asthar Tower tournament hence be ready.- he begun followed by another coach from other organizations.
I know you are surprised but the committee change the mode of practice this year.- The coach from drakon added. I think he's the oldest among other coaches.
The game schedule for today is a Two game match this morning and for. Afternoon. Mythic and Legende regular player will be divide and be fill with other team star player to play for the match. - Isebt continues.
Now, let determined who's teams who got the first match. First let go with Mythic.- the first one to call is captain, atessor and our small forward. That to say that I'm left with this annoying Wafren. Another coach spoke their opponent which is two of Legende member include Lient and three added include his twin.
When everything is fixed we are whos not chosen sit in the bench for a while.

The teams are dream team so the play was really in different level. I like how they become aquantaint in a short play to work just like a team. Our teammates is more fire up than before and I can notice that there play level up. On the other hand, the Legende team is not also to belittle, I know what they felt playing with best player Lient is a dream come true thus it also boost their morale while his twin is also great and comparing to Lient he plays better with such concentration but seem distant to his team.

After the half quarter our team is 5 point above different to the Legende. During the break I went outside walking to the field direction. It's not that I skipping the game but I seen enough watching them alone I feel my blood is excited to play So I need to cool off. I went to the ballpark and observe from afar how the baseball team doing. They also have a training today just like the other.

A hit from the opponent goes to the left field and wow the runner is fucking fast. What team is he? I look at the score board. But it just say visitors. Oh come on.

He is Weldon from Massachusetts, Hes a child star 7 years ago but the. Now hes making his come back. The Beavern has recruit him and thr ster tower will be his dEbut. guy from Massachusetts, Hes a child star 7 years ago but the. Now hes making his come back. The Beavern has recruit him and the star tower will be his dEbut.- I look at the man beside me look like a reporter.
And you are?-he hurriedly search something in his pocket then gave me a business card. Frenn from ***** company. I just nod.
Aren't your in basketball team.You also had Practice match right? -
Yeah, I'm still not playing so Im out. - I respond looking back to the game.
I see.- he continue to speak as we watched till the match Ended.
I bid bye to him he said he will come back after lunch in the gym to observe our match next. If your curious regarding the baseball match our team loss.
I went to the our dormroom and seen Hiftin in sando and short leaving.

Hey bro someone looking for you- he point the room door with a sinister smile and tapping my shoulder as he passed by. I wonder what was that's. I open the door and a folded paper landed my head top.
And we're have you gone again?- I scratched my head as I get inside.
Ballpark- I responded and go to the kitchen.
You should have been focusing in basketball the coach been looking for you- he sat it the dining chair.
I got bored, and I already watched their play- I start to fry the rice.
What's wrong? Your not the type of person that skip game. But lately you been always gone- I sighed. Quickly wrap our omelette and serve it.
I just like much to practice and play than to watched. I'm sorry if I worry you- I smile at her and kiss her forehead.
I show later, were gonna win. For now let's eat- humakbang ako upang umupo ng medyo nahilo ako. Then I see myself being.l transparent. I panicked and look behind I reach to frange who's focus on her food,I call her name.

Frange??-
Yes- she responded and look at me.
What wrong?- she added. I look at my self and the transparent gone.
Nothing, have a bite- tuluyan akong umupo. Ano bang nangyari. Guniguni kolang ba yun?
Hey are you alright?-
Uh??- gulag akong tumingin sa kanya.
Your mind traveling so far-
Oh, im just thinking about the game I've watch earlier in the ballpark.- I reason out.
What about it?- she wonder.
I just saw a good player from the opposing team from Massachusetts, We.. Weldon? It his name and a fast runner speed are like those in track n field.-
Might be indeed a tract n field plate in the past. -
The reporter whom I talk with says so a child star. So we lose.. Anyway, how was the result of our practice matched.?- yucks I almost forgotten.
I taught you forget. In the second half The twins show off and the black ship finally synced with the rest. So we lose- what a pity. It just mean that we need to be more resilience inorder to win not only against them but ofcourse to the rest of the world.

After lunch the reporter earlier indeed come and watch. Lient is none on the second time but it doesn't mean we won easily. Yes we won the second practice match and I didn't do any unusual this time. I just play at my usual pace.

....

The other player left and only legende left so they join our room.

Guys you choose who you want to join on a room tonight- the coach instruct after a series of disagreement a while ago. We're surprised in their decision but they explain it is to develop relationship to other organizations.
I signed thinking that and look at my side.
Can you lead me to your dorm? - Lient speak. I walk so he will follow me when the coach called him.
Hey seem he's fond of on you.-attesor speak. As the Legende having a talk with their coach.
I don't think so- I respond. nonsense.
I think so- segunda ni captain then the other look at me with a teasing smile.
I just shrug and walk when I see their meetibg finished. I hid goodbye to Frange before I step outside the room. Even this monkey asked if I'm dating Frange. Chismoso.

I show him the room. Have a rest while he shower. Around 6 I cook food who know Legende also a good cook. Not so long aHiftin take another guy to sleep with us tonight. We ate together and after that I go out to train on my usual sports center.

I had shoot about 5 already when Lient come out. He been watching me all this time.
I don't know how hardwork u are. Even at night -
And di I expect that the lengendaey player has habit of spying on someone.- I pass him the ball challenging him.
He smile and like a lighting he pass through me. I react quickly and be able to back in defense but he still get in.
Your roommate told me so I follow. I want to see more or your tricks- he pass me the ball. I smirk and shoot. At three pointer.
Would I call that smart moves?- I just shrug. I pass the ball but I run with it so after he catch it he attempt to shoot but I was ready and jump but the hell it was a fake. He move back and shoot immediately for three points. After that we begun to play more seriously. This time we need to steal the ball to touch and be able to shoot.
Before I knew it smile appear on my lips the excitement, the tension and the enjoyment to fight each other make me happy and he seem enjoying himself too.

...