Chapter 4: China

STT: Mistress

.....

I'm dead..

I missed another practice game in this case and I'm back with this girl body. It was shorter than me, wavy long hair, brown skin, flat chested but not skinny.

I was sitting Cross legged drinking and eating fruit my servant prepared me as I'm looking in the lotus pond. It an open area sorroundded by water with lotus.

Sighed.. how many times do I have to endure being a invisible concubine.   This is maddening.. there no way I can  practice here properly. A week before the grand game why this time. I just throw a fruit bone in the pond in annoyance.

Mistress!!!

What wrong?- I asked uninterested to what would it be. This servant voice pitch is annoying but she's loyal.
Why are you wearing like that, come get dress before the empress come- she drag me.
The empress? What did she want?- I asked and goes inside my room. I just wearing an inner clothes so I really need to get change a proper one.
She run through my closet then pick me a Sky blue dress.

The empress is here!!- a shout outside. I smile before standing up my servant Yul open the door.  I greeted the empress who slightly nodded her head with a smile.

If Im a guy I already taste this beautiful empress and every woman in the harem.

She put down the cup with gracefulness and smile at me once again.

The emperor will visit this night so be prepared. If I want someone to earn his attention it must be you among the others.-oh so its been a long since he visit me. We only met twice the second is the time I only see his face.

But im not seeking his attention at all-

That's why it must be you, among the scheming girls in the harem you're at least the one I can trust to..- I sighed.  I don't want to ruined my peaceful life all this time for currying favor as well as enemy.
Don't talk like that your highness, don't be discourage miracle is tend to happen so I'm sure you will have bear a son soon.- She had a princess but it will be not safe for her to bear another child. So the harem take the chances doing it best to get the emperor attention and bear a son since the empress can't. She just smiled bitterly and say no more about currying favor. It's been a half years, simula Ng kulitin nya ako ukol dyan at simula noon medyo naging mainit sakin Yung ibang mga babae. They can easily bully me as I have no backer like their families but I just leave before they reach me.

Kyaah.. I'm so excited that the emperor will visit you tonight. I must prepare a seductive clothing for my mistress to catch his attention.- this bratty flower.
Rug is just fine- I boredly said. Thinking that the emperor will come makes my blood boil.
Anyway, the empress seem to be paler this time is. Something happened outside?- she poured me another cup of tea.
I heard the empress dowager scolded her this morning greet.-
I see- so that dowager again. I rarely visit to greet her. Who cares about the royal in the palace.
I must be concentrates fixing my problem how can I come up with my missed training.!!

Sighed..

Mistress, is there a problem?-
Ah, nothing you can go now I want to be alone-  I swayed my hand gesturing her to leave.
Yes, mistress- she bowed before stepping back.

.....

At night,

Lou prepared everything from dress, make up, foods and drinks  the bed Chambers is light up of many candles. It's like someone died or we're praying.  Eight pm the emperor still not showing up so Lou goes to know what  taking him  too long. On the other hand I was busy cutting my finger nail. Not too long after Yul get loss I heard the door click but it didn't open.
You can just go, I know your busy so I won't bother you- I spoke. Outside was silent after minutes the door swang. I just signed and put down nail cutter standing up to greet him. I never dare to look at his face.
He sat in the table then I across it and pour him drink.
Do you don't want me to be here?- he spoken regarding what I said earlier.
It's rather the opposite I don't want to be here-
Oh why is that?-
You might not remember your majesty but it out of my willingness to  be here-
That's rare, or maybe not. Yeah I don't remember why wouldn't you but Im not gonna ask. - if he's not interested, mas Lalo ako. I serve him and does not speak just like a fine consort. That my strategy to remain unnoticed not acting any strange for this era.
When he drank, I take him to bed and start removing his clothes. He's not in his senses anymore. I was just surprised when he stop my hand.