04. sunshine

a/n: i made this at like 2am so half of it is pretty messy, please forgive me if it's messy or doesn't make sense.

+

the sunshine was bright in salt lake early this morning. the birds were chirping, the sun was bright, the sky was a beautiful blue, everything was great this morning - well, except ricky.

he was up all night listening to the loud thudding next to his room. when it was finally 1am, he stormed outside and knocked on his mom's door, having to watch a shirtless todd with only his boxers on answer the door. to make it worst; the boxers had rainbow flamingos printed literally everywhere.

as of now, the boy huffed as he hauled a red wagon filled with newspapers stacked inside. apparently his mom heard about what happened with malou and scolded him, taking his skateboard away and giving him a red wagon he used to ride as a child.

ricky continued to trudge though the sidewalk, straining at the sun as he reached sixth street. it was dangerously quiet here, which he hadn't observed too much yesterday since he was on his phone. but it was dark and quiet, probably the doings of malou, he thought to himself as he snorted.

carefully and observantly, he threw newspapers on each porch front, which wasn't hard at all considering he was apart of the east high basketball team for three years.

as he walked over to the next home to place a newspaper, he glanced over its old features, the dark brown colour of the wood and the chipping of it's front porch. the house ultimately looked dull and he stared up at the roof, watching as the sun peaked over the structure.

just as ricky was staring at the old home, he heard a loud thud and quickly snapped his head down to see a brunette sitting on the grass with a jug of water beside her that she plopped down to help her tend the flowers. and to his surprise, it was the same brunette from yesterday.

she looked back from the large water jug she had planted down onto the grass and quickly stood up when she saw the curly headed boy standing on the sidewalk in front of malou's home. she felt the redness flush into her cheeks as she nervously glanced at him.

"i'm sorry, did i scare you?" nini asked softly, a small nervous smile on her lips.

ricky let out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding and rubbed the back of his neck as he awkwardly smiled, "uh yeah, kinda." he told her with a soft chuckle.

she nodded her head nervously, "oh .. i'm sorry about that.." a polite smile played on her lips before her eyebrows raised at a revelation, ".. wait i'm sorry but - were you the newspaper boy from yesterday..?"

the boy awkwardly responded with a 'yes' to which nini blushed red with embarrassment, "i'm so so so sorry about malou.. i promise she didn't mean a word she said."

"oh don't worry, it's fine." he answered and they looked on at each other as an awkward silence filled the atmosphere. "well, i'll see you around.." ricky drawled, his voice lightly trailing off as he stared at her and she stifled a quiet laugh.

"nini." she told the boy with a nervous smile as she walked towards him and reached her hand out. he gladly took the girls hand in his as they shook hands, "ricky."

before the boy could stare into her eyes any longer, she awkwardly pulled her hand away and stepped back. "well, i'll see you soon, ricky."

he grinned a little before handing her a newspaper, "see you."

and with that, she grabbed the newspaper out of his hand and grasped it firmly as she watched the boy walk away with the rad wagon filled with papers.

+

+

a/n: first meeting/introducing each other parts are definitely not my strength! anywho, if this seems kinda fast paced or kinda weird let me know so i can fix it since intro's like this are definitely not my favourite parts to write lol.

have a great day, thank you for reading <3