|ICHI|

"... should I ask how the hell you got into my house?" Your eye twitched at the white-haired man splayed out on your couch. He's here to interrogate you. I realized. Why else would someone like he be here.

"Don't worry, don't worry, I didn't break anything." He waved his hand dismissively. "I'm just here to ask you some questions." Seeing as there was no way to get him out of your house, aside from killing him, you just took a seat on the chair across from him.

"Fine. Can I at least ask your name first?"

"Satoru Gojo."
You perked up slightly. Gojo? Oh? So this little bastard possesses Limitless. And, maybe, Six Eyes. Doesn't that make him-extremely powerful.

"Oh? Nice to meet you, Satoru-kun. I'm Y/n L/n."

"Yeah, I'm aware," he replied. You tilted your head. Wow, wonder what drew so much attention to me. Oi, don't go shit talking me with that shit mouth of yours while I'm right here.

"Ehhhh, you do?" You asked, drawling, "I try to keep a low profile. How did someone like you... or rather, people like you, catch onto me?" You rested your head back against the cushion, staring up at the ceiling.

"Then since you know, I'll get straight to the point," he said, resting his elbows on his knees. "Have you heard of the Catalyst Curse?"

"Mm," you hummed, "Jog my memory."
Satoru smirked, clearing knowing you know, but playing your game anyways.

"The Catalyst Curse, one born and bred from an explosion of unprecedented emotions thousands of years ago. Several Jujutsu Sorcerers tried exorcising or harnessing that pure negativty, but none suceeded. Then, one day, that indefinite amount of energy just disappeared without a trace."

"How could something like that just vanish?"

"Oh, but it didn't just 'vanish'. It hid itself. In a place where no one would think to look."

Quit dawdling and let me kill him. "... where would that be?"

"Inside of a living human. A baby."

"A... baby?"

"Sorcerers in the past gave the first incarnation a name--Kuragari Kanzaki. And since then, Jujutsu Sorcerers have been keeping a close eye on it."
Your eyes narrowed up at the ceiling. I detest that name. What else do you go by?

"Where are you getting with this, Satoru-kun?"

"Kuragari picked another child to incarnate, two-hundred years ago." He inclined his head slightly. "And that child would be you, wouldn't it, Y/n-san?" You tilted your head forward to look at him.

"And? What about it? What would you do if it was?"

"No no no, don't misunderstand," he quickly said, waving his hand. This man is decievingly frivolous. Shush. "That's not the only reason why you're being watched."

"That's... not the only reason?"

"Of course not!" He exclaimed, leaning back and crossing his legs. "The Inherited Technique of the L/n clan, Negation... your family wasn't one of the major clans, but the higher ups found that an annoying thing to deal with." You narrowed your eyes at him.

"And is that why you're here? To carry out your higher-ups' orders and kill me like they did the rest?"

"No no, don't jump to conclusions," he quickly replied, waving his hand again. Your brow twitched. "Even if I wanted to, there's no guarantee that I'd win."

"So you're deciding not to act on the chance that you'd lose?"

"It's a little more complicated than that, but I suppose so, yes."
You finally let out a sigh and leaned forward, staring right where his eyes were supposed to be.

"Satoru-kun," you said seriously, "What's the real reason you're here?" He copied your body language.

"I..." He trailed off. "... want you to join Jujutsu Tech!"

"... huh?"
He suddenly popped up from the couch.

"Yeah, yeah! There, I can keep an eye on you, and you have the chance to become a Jujutsu Sorcerer!"

"... keep an eye on me?" You repeated, "I haven't done anything to warrant that, besides have Kuragari."

"On the contrary." Satoru held up his finger. "You might want to keep your training area more secret."

"... huh?"

"Aokigahara Forest."

"... oh. Tch. I told her that'd be too obvious," you murmured angrily, crossing your arms. "So? Is that how you found out?"

"Well, it's hard to ignore an entire forest getting destroyed by a single blast of cursed energy."

"It was barely a blast," you replied with a sigh. "We weren't even training. Kuragari has an awful temper." I can hear you, you brat.

"Oh?" Satoru hummed, "That's impressive."

"Hardly," you replied, "After a while, it gets less scary."

"Wow, you're not scared of the Catalyst Curse? You're something else." He placed his hands on his hips and smiled down at you. "So? What do you say?" You let out a quiet sigh.

"I don't really have much choice, do I?"

"Nope."

"Figured."

~
That first exchange was three years ago. Now a third-year at Jujutsu Tech, and almost always attached to Satoru for 'security reasons', you quickly went through the ranks all the way to Special Grade. Same as Satoru. Speaking of such, spending the last three years close to him allowed you to... 'get to know him'. His 'deceiving frivolousness' was something you found endearing. Though you, nor Kuragari, would admit it. Or let it show. He even found it in himself to trust you, allowing you to see his eyes sometime around the second year. Kuragari was right, he not only possessed Limitless, but also the Six Eyes. Though you never brought it up.

At first it confused you as to why he trusted you like that. You couldn't recall anyone who saw his eyes and lived to tell. Or who weren't scared shitless. Or absolutely lost in them.

A lot of the higher ups, including the major clans, didn't want someone like you to be a Sorcerer. There were several attempts at your life, more so than in previous years, but none suceeded. In fact, in Kuragari's words, it 'was as if they sent a single earthworm to conquer Mount Everest. Twice.'

"Hey hey, Y/n-san," Satoru said, standing outside of your room. "I got a special mission for you!" His expression seemed to sparkle.

"Oh? Will it be as easy as all the other ones you've sent me on?"

"Uh, well..."
You raised a brow at him.

"What is it?" Tch. Three years and I still hate this man. Would you get over it?

"I'm sending you to Miyagi with our first year to find a 'cursed object'."
WITH A FIRST YEAR?! LET ME OUT RIGHT FUCKING NOW! I'M GONNA TEAR HIS THROAT OUT WITH MY TEETH! You let out a sigh and closed your eyes.

"Can that really be counted as a mission?" You asked, peeking your eye open to look at him. Satoru's expression suddenly turned serious.

"'Mission' is maybe over-exaggerating. But, it's still important."
You stayed quiet for a moment before letting out a sigh.

"Alright, fine. When do I meet him?"

"Right now!" Satoru ran down the hallway and dragged a brooding brunette back with him. All in a second. You blinked in surprise. The first-year also seemed a little frazzled, but kept his composure somewhat.

"Oh, I'm Y/n L/n. Third year. Nice to meet you." You inclined your head. You could see something change in his expression.

"Megumi Fushiguro, first year," he greeted back, bowing at you slightly.

"Alright! Since introductions are over, I'll send you kids on your way!" Satoru pushed you and Megumi out of the dorms. Oi, why can't I kill this man already? I already told you no.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}