Chapter 3

It wasn't until later that morning, close to noon, that Luna emerged from her room. The force field melted away, revealing a scowling Celestia.
"You owe me something." She sang.
"FINE! I'm sowwy!" Luna said in a sarcastic sweet tone.
"That's better!"
  The two walked side by side, out the castle gate and into open society.  Ponies flocked from all sides, crowding them. 
  "MAKE WAY!" The guards shouted.  The crowd didn't retreat.  Instead, they closed in even closer, bombarding the sisters with needs and wants. 
  The alicorns left instead.  They catapulted into the clouds, sitting on them like ottomans. 
  "Thanks for letting me sleep." Luna reluctantly thanked as she lounged on a particularly soft cumulus.  "Mama needs her beauty rest!"
  They both giggled like fillies at Luna's silly remark. 
  Celestia had developed a cloud goatee.  Luna laughed even harder, her grudge vanishing, but only for a second.  Celestia howled as well, sensing her accidental joke. 
  "You know," Celestia said after they'd settled down.  "Ponies are so weak these days!  Everything falls on our shoulders.  We are almost gods, whatnot."
  Luna gasped at her sibling's lofty statement, flabbergasted.
  "Oh, Celestia, be modest!  Have you not heard the fables of dethroned kings and queens?  Their narcissism lead to their downfalls."  Luna reprised harshly.  The elder alicorn just laughed. 
  "Dear, Luna!  Why so tense?  I was only making fun!"  Celestia chided, looking as if slapped. 
  There she went again!  Her sister wasn't listening to her suggestions!  Not in council, the castle, or anywhere else.  Ever.  Something just had to be done.  A lesson, Luna thought, would have to be taught. 
  Red eyes glowed from the patch of clouds above.  They were on Luna, and her alone.