Chapter 5

The night seemed to whiz and crawl at the same time.  Laughed rippled through the hall.  Musicians played renaissance music somewhere in the chamber. Everyone was enjoying themselves, and that was all Celestia needed. Her sister was finally relaxed. White wine flowed from servants's pitchers as they flitted about the room, serving guests as best as they could.
The scribe sat in the corner of the room, masked in the shadows. He despised socializing. He preferred much more to spend his days alone. His leery eyes slowly scanned the room, racking his brain for a plan. He then saw a fifteen layer cake on the far side of the Hall and a twisted grin contorted his face.
"Perfect!" He rasped.

The two sisters giggled, their relationship thriving. They greeted each attendee with a "Hello!" or just a simple smile. Meanwhile, the scribe slinked to the musician stand just beyond them, simultaneously watching their happiness rekindle.
"Pathetic!" He spat under his breath. He stepped up onto the platform and whispered into the bandleader's ear unintelligibly.
The stallion conductor nodded eagerly, and he changed his band's tune from a drawling waltz to an upbeat Irish-like one. The guest's heads popped up; they were clearly surprised by the shift.
They then came back to their senses and cleared the floor to make room for the energetic dancers. Some of them stomped to the beat while others stepped from the sidelines to the limelight of the enclosed circle. The dance was on!
Young mares squealed as gentlecolts twirled them, some with magic, some with their bare hooves. The other creatures did similarly, but in the air near the vaulted ceilings. Luna laughed in ecstasy as Celestia goaded her into the circle. They danced for what seemed hours on end. They both didn't want it to terminate. But it was, and quicker than anyone would've thought.
No one noticed the scribe as he slithered behind the cake. He saw Luna dancing near it. He timed his target expertly.
"One...two..." Luna danced right near the base of the colossal confection.
"Three!"
The scribe kicked the titanic treat with all the forced he could, channeling it through one of his thick hind legs. The cake came tumbling down, down, down. It was bearing down on Luna, and FAST!
"LOOK OUT!" Celestia cried, but it was too late.
The cake crashed on top of the indigo alicorn with a tremendous 'SPLORSH!!!' The guests screamed in horror, and Celestia howled,
"NOOOOO!"
  The music hit a sour note, sputtering to a sudden stop. No one moved. No one made a single sound.
The scribe quickly tiptoed out the back door while everyone was distracted by the scary spectacle. He chuckled eerily, bleating.