Chapter 8

Grogar grinned from the shadows. His plan was going off without a hitch! When Nightmare Moon took the throne, he would somehow manage to murder her and steal it for himself, making him the sole ruler of Equestria. Maybe the world, too.
Nightmare roared and charged toward Celestia. Before she could ram into her and finish her off, the cream alicorn's horn ignited, and she disappeared without a trace. Nightmare howled in frustration.
"Find her!" Grogar seethed. "MAKE HER PAY!"

Celestia teleported into the Hall, warning the guests. 
  "Grogar has returned!  Save yourselves!" 
The unicorns transported everyone to safety.  Pegasuses did the same.  Celestia didn't dare announce the newer threat.  She could handle this herself. 
  She teleported again, appearing in the Everfree Forest.  She made a beeline for a cavern, barreling to her secret weapons.  The Elements of Harmony glowed and dislodged themselves from the Tree of Harmony hidden safely within the cave. 
  She grabbed them with her magic and galloped outside, full throttle.
A taunting laugh sounded from above. Nightmare Moon!
"You're so pathetic, Sister! Your meager Elements can't stop me, the most powerful being in the universe!" She boasted.
Grogar was hiding behind a nearby tree. He watched with rapt attention.
Celestia's horn illuminated with the power of the sun. The Elements did as well, each shard radiating with piercing light.
"I am sorry I have to do this, Sister." She whispered remorsefully. "Goodbye."
The Elements cast a rainbow beam of light toward Nightmare, causing her to writhe in agony.
"You...can't...defeat...me!" She strained.
The light grew ever stronger, overpowering her completely.
"NOOOOOOOOOO!" She wailed. She dissolved into the beam. It skyrocketed into the atmosphere, colliding with the moon. An explosion of yellow light illuminated the sky. When Celestia could see, she spied a insignia on the planet's face—her sister's woeful expression!
The alicorn sank into the dirt and wept bitterly.
Behind her, Grogar slipped away angrily.

The evil goat galloped to who-knows where. He grumbled when he ran into a ravenous pack of timber wolves. He was gobbled down by one of them in a single CRUNCH. He was never seen by pony eyes again.