Why Me?

It's over. The prank war is officially over. But it's a silly thing, now that I notice everything around me.

Beckondorf is dead. And I was too caught up in a prank war to pay attention to him at the end of his life. Now that he's gone, camp morale is at an all time low. Almost everyone knows now, but Chiron still had the guts to call a cabin counselor meeting.

Silena looks horrible, I've always looked up to her but now, I don't know what to do. Honestly, I'm glad we ended the prank war, especially with Ares and Apollo fighting. That's the first thing I saw when I walked into the Big House. Michael Yew and Clarisse were in each other's faces while everyone around them was watching, amused. I went in and took my seat next to Travis with Miranda on my other side. Finally, Percy and Annabeth entered.

Annabeth had told me about the Great Prophecy, but I'd never heard it. I'm sure we were all nervous when Percy started reading.

*~*

"A half-blood of the eldest gods shall reach sixteen against all odds. And see the world in endless sleep, the heroes soul cursed blade shall reap. A single choice shall end his days, Olympus to preserve or raze." I say to myself, reciting the prophecy that would've made me cry if it was about me.

"Hey Katie." I hear Travis sit down softly beside me and dangle his feet off the docks like mine.

"Hi Travis." I say quietly. "Can I ask you something?" Without waiting for an answer I continued.

"Why me? Why do I have to be a demigod? Why now? In this war. Why you? Why any of us?" tears are streaming down my cheeks as I turn to Travis. "It's not fair. Why do we have to do this. Why can't it be anyone else? Why us?"

He doesn't answer. Why should he. All he's good at is goofing off. He's never been serious in his life. I look out at the horizon but feel his eyes on me.

Suddenly, I feel him kiss me on the cheek. My heart beat quickens. No Katie, he's just being nice. Yeah, nice your like a sister to him.

"Katie," I hear him say waking me from my trance. "I don't know why it has to be us. But I'm glad I met you. In like a brotherly way, you know?" He says. The smirk slowly coming back on his face.

That's it. All he'll ever be is like a brother to me. But do I want it to be something more?

A/N- woah. That was emotional. I'm on vacation right now and there's no wifi so I'm using 3G to get you guys this. Remember!! You must read -DreamCatcherGirl- book in Travis POV for any of this to make sense!!