- day 2, pt 2-

DARRYL'S POV

I know he saw the pain in my eyes as I stared at him. Our lips still brushing against the other's with each deep breath. I slid the hand that was cupping his cheek and put it on his waist.

"I'm sorry."

I backed up and put him back on the floor, making sure he was steady before letting go.

"I'm sorry."

My head was spinning. Why did I do that? That was so stupid of me. He hates me. He has to. I messed up, I knew I didn't have a chance and I still tried.

Zak knew something was up. He always does. He saw my breathing quicken, he saw my eyes start to water. I was mad at myself.

And he knew.

ZAK'S POV

Honestly, I don't know why I pushed him away. I wanted that. I know I did. I was scared. But his lips were so soft.

Oh god why did I do that.

These thoughts quickly left my mind as my priority changed, Darryl. He was upset. I looked up at him, his glistening eyes. He was tearing up, he looked mad at himself. His breathing.

Up.

Down.

Up.

Down.

It was fast, I think he was trying to calm himself down.

I moved close to him, wrapping my arms around his waist, laying my head on his chest, listening to his breathing.

Up.

Down.

Up.

He didn't hug back, he hesitated. Sniffling once in a while, he just stood there.

"It's okay."

I think my words calmed him down, he hesitantly put his hands on my waist, he was being careful. He was nervous.
"Darryl it's okay. I promise."
I looked up at him and smiled weakly. He followed. Looking down at me and touching my nose.
I giggled, making him smile a bit.
While staring at him, his eyes, his jawline, everything, I noticed that the pool and hot tub was empty, since it was super late and no one was awake. I smirked and grabbed Darryl's hand, leading him to the pool.

"Zakky? Where are we going?" He sniffles again, his voice a bit choked up as he was trying to act as normal as possible.

I silently led him to the edge of the pool, letting go of him and turning to him.

"Zak? The pool is closed we can't go in."

I laughed and took off my shirt, revealing my decently fit but small body.

"So what if it's closed?" I laughed.

"So what?? Zak n-"

I couldn't hear what else he said, jumping in the water in my shorts.

"ZAK!" His muffled voice yelled before kneeling on the edge, giggling a bit as he spoke.

"Get up you muffin head!"
I complied and came up from under the water giggling as I sat next to him, pushing my hair out of my eyes.

Darryl laughed and pulled me on his lap, not caring about his clothes.
"You muffin head."
He spoke softly, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I smiled and looked at him, tracing my finger up his jawline. His gorgeous eyes tracing my finger as I did so.

"Za-"