Chapter 2

It was March 1784 Eliza was out knitting a quilt with her friends, Philip and Alexander were at John's house. John had gotten a home a few houses away from Alexander's, they hung out all the time and they are super close. Laurens is preparing his house with Philip and Alexander because Frances and Martha are supposed to arrive today. Philip was only two and Frances was seven. Both of their birthdays were in January. And Eliza was pregnant.

John and Alexander couldn't wait to meet Frances.

Philip was playing in the living room with John and Alexander. They were all sitting on the floor in a circle. John speaks to him in a childish tone "all right Pip what is his name?" He points to Alexander.

"Papa!"

He gestures to himself "and what is my name?"

"Uncle Jackie!" He makes grabby hands towards the larger man. Laurens picks him up and stands up "are you ready to go meet Frances and your Aunt Martha!"

Philip giggles and nods his head they travel outside, Hamilton follows them out.

Once they are on the wrap-around porch they see a carriage coming towards them. John points and says "look Pip, who is that?"

"Frances and Aunt Martha!"

As the carriage comes to a stop in front of them Laurens hands Philip to Alexander. First Laurens greets his wife with a kiss on the hand he helps her out of the carriage. Hamilton loves how graceful Laurens is. Then John helps a little girl with blonde hair and a yellow dress she peeks her head out. Laurens speaks in a comforting tone "Hello Frances, I am your father".

Frances knows him because of the letters and Martha talked about him a lot.

"Papa!"

John picks the little girl up and walks his family towards Hamilton. He gestures to the redhead "Frances, Martha, this is my best friend Alexander Hamilton. Alex, this is my wife and daughter Martha and Frances."

Hamilton takes both of their hands and kisses them, this makes Frances giggle. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Martha speaks "It is nice to meet you too Hamilton".

"Please, call me Alex."

"Well then, it is nice to meet you, Alex."

He speaks to Frances "And you must be the Frances I have heard so much about, I am so happy I finally get to meet you".

"Papa writes about you a lot, he told me all about you Uncle Alex."

"Oh has he."

John blushes a little bit.

"Yeah, he has told us all good stuff about you, he thinks you are the best!"

Now Alexander is blushing. John speaks, "This is Alexander's son Philip he is two we call him Pip".

Martha smiles "Well hello Pip do you know who I am?"

Philip thinks for a moment "Aunt Martha!"

"Yes!"

Hamilton sets Philip down so he could meet Frances. She bends down so they are the same height "Hello Pip, my name is Frances but you can call me Fanny".

Philip giggles and hugs her "Fanny".

Hamilton and John smile and look at each other. Alexander looks at Martha "Martha, I mean-"

"It's okay I prefer being called Martha.'

"Okay, Martha, I would be delighted if your family could come over tonight for dinner, you could meet my wife."