In The Beginning

My name is Grian. I live in the suburbs of an England city with my desired alpha, Mumbo.

While I, myself, am not an alpha, I live happily with my mother and the often overnight visits with Mumbo.

Nine times out of ten, an angel is claimed to be an alpha, I am in the minority. When I was thirteen, I was told I was an omega. My father refused to accept that and he tried to beat the 'alpha' into me. Two years later, he left my mother and I.

Mumbo and I go to the same high school with the rest of our gang we call, 'Hermits'. We're nice when you don't tick off an alpha.

Our story begins with the history lesson of the first day of the week.

~*~

We sat bored, listening to our teacher give the lecture on the history of Alpha and Omega's. I sat at my desk jotting down notes and mindlessly drawing Mumbo at the top of the page.

"So fifty years ago, alpha's and omega's lived as owner and pet. Now we live almost in harmony. Though some believe that omega's should still be treated as pets. Angels are some of the most frail, dragons, some of the strongest."

I was in the same history class as Xisuma, Ren, Scar, Mumbo and my old abusive alpha, Sam. For a brief moment I could feel his stare going through the back of my skull. I knew the way he looked at me. I knew the way he thought of me. Because of that, it was difficult to focus on the lecture.

Sam's stare was quite unsettling. He sat behind me, Mumbo in front of me.

"Grian, where did angels originally come from?"

My head shot up at the call of my name, "Angels originally came from the angel realm. We called it the Heaven realm. Some of us take on Watcher like attributes."

"And do you?"

"He probably doesn't because he's so small." I heard Sam taunt.

I sighed before speaking, "I do. But I choose not to use them because they are dangerous powers."

"Terrific."

She continued with the lesson and I kept trying to ignore Sam's taunts and noises from behind my ear. I just continued noting down important things from the lecture and tending to the small drawing of Mumbo at the top of my note page.

Even though I was heavily into robotics, I was quite the artist. Even the hermits said so. Mumbo kept one of the drawings I made and kept it in his binder. He always tells me whenever he looks at it, it brings a smile to his face knowing that I constantly have him in his thoughts.

As the bell rang for the next period, which just happened to be lunch, I made sure to pack up as fast as I could and made sure to meet Mumbo outside the lockers.

After our history class, we had all gathered out in the halls. My wings had drooped before Mumbo came up behind me and put his arm around my shoulder. With my eyes closed and a sigh, I moved my head to the crook of his neck, Mumbo laying his chin on the top of my head.

"So, that history lesson." Xisuma started, "Opinions?"

"Hated it."

"It was demeaning, I didn't like it."

"It was interesting, but I didn't think it was required to know."

Everyone looked in my direction. My head was still against Mumbo. They noticed how silent I was being.