17.

Our fingers tangle together in an almost relationship way, but sadly WE aren't. Harry and I are different, well...very different. There is little I can relate to with him which directs me as not a conversationalist. My mother is right in a way that we are from different walks of life, but what she doesn't know is that it's not a terrible thing. Sure he might not have the best clothes or fancy material items, but he does have a heart, a very loving, kind heart. Those are hard to find nowadays, a trust worthy person with a golden heart and soul.

I might not know Harry very well, actually I hardly know him at all, but he has made a better friend in the short time we have known each other then people I have known for years.

"So, are you going to apologize to your father?" Harry speaks up as he dips lower down into the water. I know I should, but I feel like my father was just reacting the same way as my mother did, judgmental.

She has a tendency to judge people before she knows them. I know my father had never met Harry, therefore he had nothing to judge him on but what my mother must have told him.

"I know I should, but it's really hard for me Harry."

"What's so hard about apologizing?" I lower myself into the cool water, letting the substance numb my problems.

"Because I'm just not as good of a person as you." I admit, knowing it to be true.

"Lies. You're a wonderful person, Chloe." I shake my head remembering all the mistakes I have made this summer. All the lies I've told, the video chat-Eric. Everything I do seems to come back and haunt me. I regret it so bad, but can't seem to forget.

"You don't even know me." I say and sink myself into the water till my chin is in contact with the cool liquid.

"I would like too..." He seems to trail off as he lowers himself even further down and farther away from me. I don't understand why Harry, being the wonderful person he is, would want to be friends with me.

"Why though? There is nothing special about me, yet so much of you." I wish Harry would understand how sincere of a person he is, how different we are.

"That's not true, Chloe. You're a beautiful, smart, talented girl who just can't seem to grasp those facts." His words make my cheeks blush, but thankfully from the dark night he can't see them.

"I've made mistakes this summer and most of them I can't undo." He swims closer to me as I continue on.

"I know I shouldn't complain about my life, mainly because I create most of my problems, but you have honestly made this summer great so far. Even though I thought you were a little odd when I first met you, I slowly learned that you weren't. I learned that specifically after I thought you were a murderer." I giggle at the end.

"I don't know what you went through this summer, and honestly it doesn't really matter because what is done, is done. There is no going back and changing it, but what I do know is that we can make the rest of this summer great, together." Harry is now only a few feet apart from where I am, his breathing can be felt on my cool skin.

"How are you so perfect?"

"I'm not." He whispers, inching closer.

"In my eyes you are." I breathe out as he is only inches away from me.

"You don't know me but maybe that's why you think that." Harry repeats what I had muttered only minutes ago.

"Well maybe we should get to know one another." His lips brush over my cheek as he exhales near my ear.

"Gladly." His lips find mine, moving slowly against the smooth skin. The kiss is sweet as he runs his fingers through my hair gently, causing me to loose all thought process as I get tangled in the world of Harry, a beautiful man with a mysterious past.

WHOEVER LEAVES ME THE SWEETEST COMMENT GETS A DEDICATION!
I'm sorry this was so rushed, but I was not feeling this story, so yeah.
BUT O.M.G THEY KISSED!!!!!!!!! they need a ship now (insert here)
chapter dedicated to: @hazzasyndrome for best comment!