Chapter 199: Former Acquaintance, A Favor to Ask

Song Jiaoyue and the rest didn’t want to disturb her in the midst of her rampage, so they decided to stay hidden. They’d break cover the second she looked like she was in danger.

“Our boss’ wife is in labor but there’s no women in our village. Everyone is panicking right now. Miss, can you help save our boss’ wife?”

“Why didn’t you tell me that earlier?” Bai Xiangxiu could relate to the pain of childbirth. After all, she’d just given birth too. She rolled her eyes at them and said, “Lead on.”

“Ma… Miss Xiu, let us journey together!” Song Jiaoyue and the other four made their way to her from behind, giving the bandits quite the shock. To their credit, they didn’t run. They desperately needed to bring a woman back to help with the situation!

Just like that, the group followed the bandits all the way back to their lair. Everyone here were men who had chosen to stay behind instead of escaping. Upon closer questioning, the group found out that the men had already sent their families away, but they had chosen to stay to protect their homes. If the enemy nation attacked, they couldn’t allow the enemy to easily destroy their homes and their livelihood. In a way, they ranked amongst heroes for their actions.

Bai Xiangxiu was very impressed by them. But she was caught by surprise when she saw the face of the boss. The boss had the same exact sentiment. He quickly walked up to her and fell to his knees with a loud bang. “Madame Xiu. Why are you here?”

“You’re… Ah Quan?” Even though she’d heard that they had been banished to Shu County, she never expected to run into him here. Especially not under these circumstances.

“Yes, Madame Xiu. I never expected I’d have the chance to show you my gratitude for saving our lives!” Ah Quan was a little agitated. He’d found out a while ago that Bai Xiangxiu was the one who had orchestrated everything to save their lives back then. He never expected that he would meet her again in Shu County.

“Forget about the formalities. Is it Third Madame who’s going into labor?”

“Yes.”

“How long has she been in there?”

“A little more than two hours. There’s no other women here so I’m the only one who’s been accompanying her.”

“Lead the way.”

“But… With your status…”

“My status has nothing to do with this. Being a mother myself, I have more knowledge about these things than them. You two come with me as well!” Bai Xiangxiu said while pointing at Xiaohuan and Yu Se.

Ah Quan knew very well that he was in no place to reject her offer. So, he led them to the room where Jiang Su’er was in labor. It was just a small simple hut made of mud. When they entered, Jiang Su’er was taking a walk, holding onto a table for support. Since she was about to give birth, it was only normal that no men could be seen in her room. She had to be strong. Her body was now the vessel for two lives.

Bai Xiangxiu had a lot of respect for her. She could actually survive and prosper in a place like this despite her wealthy background, and remained resilient even when she was in labor. I guess the environment really does change a person.

“Madame Xiu… Is it truly you?”

“Mm. Let me lend you a shoulder.”

“No need. This humble servant will do it.” Xiaohuan quickly walked up to Jiang Su’er to support her. Bai Xiangxiu then went outside with orders that she knew would be necessary, “Boil some water, and submerge a pair of scissors in some alcohol and place it on top of a fire until it burns red. Also, get me something nutritious. Something like ginseng would be best.”