Chapter 222: Defected To The Enemy, Chen Tao's Family

A figure jumped down from the wall before the city gates were even opened. It’s Yu Kuang! Bai Xiangxiu waved to greet him. As expected from a man from the wulin. He’s always in the lead. She could finally breathe a sigh of relief. She was definitely safe now that he’d come to get her. However, her happiness had come a tad too early. Thump! Yu Kuang suddenly dived for the ground just when he came within ten steps from her. Crap! I forgot that I have the black devil’s snare right beside me.

Bai Xiangxiu quickly yelled upon seeing the arrival of Long Heng and Song Jiaoyue, “Don’t come near me!”

Long Heng frowned, “Did they apply some kind of drug on you?” Why else would Yu Kuang suddenly fall to the ground like that? Or maybe… she’s in danger as well?

“No, they didn’t. You don’t have to worry, this is just a result of me trying to defend myself. You must not come within ten steps of me. By the way, can I sleep outside the city for tonight? I don’t want people to pass out after I enter the city.”

“How can there be such a potent drug?”

“I’ll explain everything later. What shall we do with him?”

“Men, take good care of that man. I’ll be keeping my wife company on the outskirts of the city for a night.” Long Heng commanded as he pointed at Yu Kuang. He looked towards Bai Xiangxiu and said, “Walk half a mile forward. There’s an abandoned farmhouse there.” The entire family had already moved to the city due to the war.

“Understood,” Bai Xiangxiu could not bear to part with the black devil’s snare. She held the plant in her arms, walked around the horse carriage and began to walk according to Long Heng’s directions.

Long Heng followed a little behind Bai Xiangxiu. They held a long distance conversation. He first noticed that the plant was a little too heavy for Bai Xiangxiu to carry, “Let me help you carry that!”

“You can’t! This isn’t something you can touch!”

“Why did you disappear all of a sudden? Who abducted you?”

“It’s Chen Tao. He abducted me in order to obtain the formula for the fire powder.”

“Did you give it to him?”

“I only gave him a fake one.”

“Then why didn’t he pursue you?”

“He didn’t pursue probably because he’s still unconscious. Or maybe it’s because he knows that I’ve returned.”

Truth was, Chen Tao’s men had already caught up with her. Long Heng had sensed their presence for a while now, but he was secretly on guard. He wouldn’t allow them to harm Bai Xiangxiu if they really did try to attack her. However, they left soon after they noticed Long Heng, as they were likely extremely afraid of him. Long Heng smiled coldly to himself. Chen Tao is such a base and shameless person. It seems that I’ll have to pay him a visit tomorrow. But his utmost priority at the moment was Bai Xiangxiu’s safety. He never thought that she would land into so much trouble just because she came to help him. However, why did he have to protect her from such a distance? He couldn’t even hand over the chicken that he’d painstakingly cooked for her. He had to leave it and stay ten steps away so that Bai Xiangxiu could walk up to t and start nibbling away. “Xiu’er, that flower of yours seems really unique.”

“Yes. It’s a black devil’s snare. It grants one wish to a person if they water it with their blood. It granted me a wish after I watered it for four days, and I wished for everyone to faint immediately when they approached me for an entire day.”

“Blood? Don’t you… faint at the sight of blood?”

“I don’t faint anymore. I’ve gotten used to it.”