Chapter 230: Yu Kuang Slowly Warming Up

“What? Stomach pain?” Despite his age, Yu Kuang was still innocent about these kinds of things. He still had an innocent body after all, despite his age. How would he know the significance of a stomachache to a woman? In his mind, even though she’d fallen, there was no way she could have suffered heavy injuries from such a fall. “Don’t move. I will summon Long Heng.”

“Carry me to the bed. Something feels wrong,” Bai Xiangxiu no longer moved an inch as a possible reason flashed through her mind. Yu Kuang had no choice but to carry her onto the bed, only to have Long Heng enter the tent at that precise moment. He glared at Yu Kuang furiously, but the latter didn’t seem to realize that this was a situation that called for an explanation. Danger seemed to be escalating.

“Stop glaring at each other! Go summon a doctor now! If you go any later, it might come at the cost of a life!” I’m going to be so pissed if it really is what I think it is. How long has it been since I last gave birth?! Long Heng, do you have to be so efficient? This is going to be hell if my life is going to be like this!

Long Heng quickly ordered someone to summon the doctor when he heard the term ‘cost of a life.” He thought that they’d done something to her. The doctor took Bai Xiangxiu’s pulse for a long time without saying a word. She suddenly felt that there might be another explanation for all this. Could this be due to a very intense greeting of that time of the month instead?

The doctor looked at Long Heng while Bai Xiangxiu was still caught up in her thoughts. He hesitated for a bit before saying, “General. This young sir here… his pulse is a little odd. I… I…” How could this kind of pulse come from a man? Was his skill deteriorating because he’d been treating battle wounds for such a long time without making any diagnoses?

Bai Xiangxiu immediately caught his drift, “I’m actually a woman.”

“W-woman… why didn’t you tell me that earlier? I was almost frightened to death.” The doctor didn’t know her true identity, so his tone became a bit resigned as relief flooded him.

“Uh… what’s wrong?” Long Heng noticed that their choice of words was a little unusual, which was why he immediately asked.

“Why don’t we send this gentleman outside first?”

Yu Kuang furrowed his brows but still left the room. This made Long Heng and Bai Xiangxiu even more nervous. They genuinely thought that something was wrong.

“This lad… this madame’s pulse indicates that her pain is due to the accumulation of yin energy from the cold weather, which was why her menstrual period has come late. All she needs is some medicine to boost her blood flow and qi.”

Color immediately returned to Long Heng’s face after he heard what the doctor had said.

“Unfortunately, there’s only medicine for wounds in the army camp. So, we will have to travel to Tranquil City to get her medicine.”

“I will go,” Yu Kuang interrupted from the outside. He could hear the doctor very clearly even though the doctor had kept his voice low. Long Heng frowned. This wasn’t something that he should let another man intervene with, but he didn’t have a choice. He had very important matters to deal with right now. The couple looked at each other in the eye, only to see the speechlessness in each other’s faces.

Yu Kuang immediately left for Tranquil City after the doctor wrote down the prescription. It would take him quite some time; they were a ways away from Tranquil City.

“Are… are you feeling better now?” Long Heng asked carefully while holding her hand as he sat beside her.

Bai Xiangxiu felt very aggrieved. She held up Long Heng’s hand and bit down hard. “I was so frightened. I thought… I thought…”