Chapter 271-275

Chapter 271: Bringer Of Chaos, Noble Consort Su

Long Heng’s mouth twitched. He knew that there was nothing between them, but he just didn’t like seeing them talk to each other. He genuinely hated what they spoke to each other, even though it was just a simple greeting. “Say what you need to say. Piss off when you’re done.”

“Cough… Long Heng.” No matter what he’s still our savior! How can you be so cold to him?

Long Heng was depressed. Bai Xiangxiu had gotten used to calling him by name. Truth be told, this was his fault as he was the one who’d insisted that she address him by name in private. And because of that, Bai Xiangxiu was calling him by his name even when others were around. She only acted respectful when there were outsiders present. Everything seemed to have changed, yet it seemed like nothing had changed after they’d officially became husband and wife. Long Heng liked this feeling and had slowly come to accept this change. He didn’t hate it, he just couldn’t come to terms with the fact that the little lass that used to faint at the drop of a blood was slowly growing out of his grasp. Or possibly, it was he who had helped her grow stronger. After all, she was indeed different after a trip to the frontlines.

Even his mother had said that she’d used to feel that Bai Xiangxiu was unsuitable for the position of the matriarch of the household because of her background from a small family. Bai Xiangxiu was simply too cowardly and low profile back then, but she seemed to have changed, and his mother could now let go of household affairs with peace of mind.

Yu Kuang didn’t mind in the slightest, only Song Jiaoyue soon left with a wry laugh, his mind and heart almost breaking. Yu Kuang, however, was quite thick-faced and sat down without a fuss, accepting the tea that servants offered. “Two notable doctors have gone missing in the jianghu. I followed their trails to the capital and ran into him and him.” He nodded at Long Heng and looked outside.

“Him?” Bai Xiangxiu followed his gaze outside but didn’t see anyone.

“That person is too shamefaced to see anyone, particularly you.” Long Heng’s viper tongue was at work as soon as he spoke, and Bai Xiangxiu wondered just who it was that he disliked so much.

“Hmm?” A figure vaulted in from outside just as she was confused. He had extremely good qinggong skills and so hadn’t been discovered beforehand, but two people immediately followed him in. One of them was Long Heng’s concealed bodyguard, and the other was Ah Song.

“Ah! A m-man…” Xiaoshi had grown used to men leaping around due to her service by Bai Xiangxiu’s side, so this discovery of Ah Song as a man was rather shocking. They’d worked together before, but Ah Song had been a woman then.

“Yes, we know. He’s a man, don’t be agitated.” It looked like Xiaoshi had received quite a shock as she was staring right at Ah Song, openmouthed.

Long Heng ignored her and waved his hand, “You may go.”

The guards left, but Bai Xiangxiu definitely saw Ah Song walk out with a red face. What’s going on? Does he like Xiaoshi? The more she thought back to that day, the more she thought it possible given how the two interacted with each other. Ah Song’s age wasn’t old either, and he was easily embarrassed. He should be a good man, but it was a pity that he was a concealed guard with an irregular work schedule. His job was also rather high risk as he had to put himself forward whenever his master was in danger, sometimes even blocking the threat with his body. It was a good thing that his master was strong and thus decreased much of the pressure of his job.

“Hey, you should at least pay attention to me even if you don’t welcome me, no?” Luo Yunzheng was beyond depressed. This woman had cleanly ignored him ever since he’d jumped into the room. He’d discovered that this lass was rather different from when he kidnapped her before, and it seemed that his impression had been confirmed.