May Moments na Fun Pinoy (Banlaw)

FEBRUARY

BLAG!

Vlad sat up in an instant. He stretched his arms over his head, wiped the sleep off his face, and gave out a big yawn. He stood up from his bed and jogged downstairs in one swift motion leaving his tangled beddings for later.

"Andito na ang pándesál at margarine na tatlóng araw pa lang naman na expired" Karl announced when he heard the ruckus Vlad made in coming down from his bedroom.

In the days after their unpacking slash early morning revelations, Karl and Vlad became a constant presence at each other's unit.

"Kung hindî mo sinabi na expired na 'yan, I wouldn't even bother to check" the man, still a little groggy from sleep, said as he took the paper bag of warm bread and the cup of margarine.

"Para alám mo what you're getting into. Magtae ka man at least alám mo na it was your choice and my conscience is clean. O, 'dî ba?" Karl looked at the man in front of him.

Those soft curls are just begging to be touched, he thought with a smile. The constancy of Vlad's disheveled appearance every morning never failed to amuse him.

"Anóng klaseng tingín 'yan my special platonic friend?" Vlad wagged his eyebrows suggestively.

"'Yung mutà mo pô"

Pô?! Pô?! Why did that sound so flirty all of a sudden, Karl reprimanded himself with a grimace.

He peeked at the man before him but the other seemed engrossed with the bread to notice. He sighed with relief  but scolded himself again and tapped his lips several times for good measure.

Vlad took a huge bite of the pándesál to hide a smile because of course he noticed.

"Anóng plans mo for today?" Karl halved the bread using his hands, spread margarine, and sprinkled a good amount of brown sugar in it. Vlad looked on in amusement.

"Walâ. I was planning to continue writing some papers for school pero matagál pa namán ang submission so it can wait. Why?"

"Pwede mo akóng samahán sa shoot? Nakuha akó na ekstra sa commercial ng isang fastfood chain. Magpapasama sana akó kasí ang boring minsan 'pág mag-isá lang" Karl explained. He tried to put in a little extra charm to persuade Vlad.

"So, gágawín mo akóng jester" Vlad teased for show because in reality his mind was  already made up to join Karl since the moment he asked for his company

"Sige na. Ililibre kitá ng favorite mo na milk tea"

"Make it two"

"Uhaw siyá"

"And, igawâ mo rin akó ng ganyán o" Vlad pointed at Karl's bread.

"Opò, master" Karl curtsied mockingly for added effect.

"Walâ pa rin ba?" The director cried out in frustration. It was almost noontime and they had been waiting hours for the main actors of the commercial to arrive.

"Stuck in traffic pa rin daw pô"

The rest of the film crew were just as upset. Knowing the kind of traffic situation in the metro, they all went out of their ways to arrive on time.

"Prutas! Hinahabol ngâ natin itóng shoot para sa Valentine's day eh". She started looking around her for a solution.

"Gem, tawagin mo ngâ 'yung dalawáng naglalandián doón sa dulo" she pointed at Karl and Vlad who were huddled together in front of a shared tablet.