When The Timing Wasn't Right

It's too hot, the couch is too small, and this stranger kisses like there is no tomorrow, Karl thought.

His arms reached up to wrap around the stranger's neck and pull him closer to his body.

"Karl" Vlad moaned, his voice made raspier by desire sent shivers down Karl's spine.

Malî 'to...pero shit bakit ang hot niyá? Karl tried to rearrange his muddled thoughts.

But when Vlad's kisses started to head downwards, Karl had to close his eyes in a dull attempt to mute the sensations that the other boy's actions has triggered.

"Putanginá" Karl whined before pulling Vlad upwards so his lips could meet the other's.

Why oh why am I tempted to say the L-word? Vlad thought as Karl's tongue tentatively licked his lips.

The intro to SNSD's massive 2019 hit song, "Tell Me Your Wish" pierced through the stillness of the early morn.

Vlad rose from the bed and looked groggily around the room trying to assess the gravity of his predicament. From the window he could see that it was still dark outside so searching for his discarded clothes would be tricky. He then looked at the boy beside him, still soundlessly asleep and unconcerned of Taeyeon loudly singing, "Soweouneul malhae bwa-" from the mobile phone tucked under his pillow.

"Hey, Karl" Vlad said in a hushed voice. He was reluctant to interrupt the boy from his deep slumber but the call could important.

"Ka-" Vlad's second attempt was halted when Karl threw his phone to nearest wall with a crash thus shutting off Jessica mid song.

Karl then faced away from him and pulled the covers up to his chin.

"Leave"

"Huh?" Vlad asked dumbly.

"You were curious and I tempted you. Was your curiosity not satisfied enough?"

Karl's voice was strained and Vlad wanted to believe that it was because the other boy didn't mean his words but even after some time has passed, he remained unmoved.

There were too many thoughts running through Vlad's head.

I wasn't just curious. I wasn't drunk. I care about you. I'm sorry if I hurt you. I wish to stay. Ah, how I wish you would let me stay.

A few hours later he would look back at this moment and wished that he said some of them out loud.

But Vlad held back and left with a crestfallen goodbye.

"Sorry", he whispered.