Chapter One

Credits to noodl on Tumblr for the fanart

A/N: This story takes place around the 1700's, in the time of pirates. But I'm too lazy to do decent research on the era... Oops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ So this will be based off my personal knowledge :) Also, I did use a common tongue and not the old European English.

At the very end, there will be extra content written by a wonderful friend nerd_etiquette for the meetings and backstory of a few characters as well as the few couples mentioned. There is 16 chapters for the main story, btw :) ANWS!Have a wonderful read <3 Please like and share if you enjoy! See you guys later!

***

It has been a long day for our beloved Kyoomi Sakusa. First of all, as a 'not so loved' governor amongst the world of politics, he had been left behind by his social circle this morning. They didn't bother to wake him up in time to get to the ship and, as a result, he missed his ride to an important meeting that was now one week away. Not only that, but they also took all of their supplies along, not leaving a single fruit or a loaf of bread for Sakusa to eat. They knew what they were doing. This was planned.

"Stupid idiots." he thought out loud packing his things as he left the small, unkept hotel.

Kyoomi Sakusa was one of the youngest governors known to the crown. He was awfully intelligent, honest as well as well-mannered and polite to his higher ups. Although he seemed like an honorable gentleman, his inner circle had learned that he was in fact, none of those things, except maybe too sincere.

He was cold, dismissive and strict. He didn't like to be told what to do or how to do so, which earned his 'friends' too many death glares. Although, they all knew he wouldn't act upon those thoughts, for he hated anything filthy. Dust, rust, blood, moisture, he avoided at all costs. Many called him a high-maintenance freak, but he didn't care. He'd rather have a fluffy and clean bed, then to sleep in a moist-absorbed hammock. He could sometimes make exceptions, but those were rare and often left him nauseated.

However, now he had a bigger problem than that... How in Heaven's name would he make his way to the north-eastern islands in time?

He'd hated the idea at first, but he was desperate, so he ended up spending the whole day trying to find a ride with some decent, hygenic people.

To no avail, and to no surprise.

Being a governor lead to an abundance of enemies, most commonly crummy sea rebels. Exhausted from his search, he stumbled back to his inn, only to be kicked out right away.

"You don't pay, you don't stay." an old lady yelled at him, throwing his few remaining belongings down the balcony of his old room.

'Those damn bastards didn't even bother to leave me a room to sleep in.' He thought. Filled with rage, he took his bag and his hat as he stormed off the property, cursing under his breath. He had a couple of golden coins to pay for some food, but he wouldn't last very long if misfortune kept up it's devilish game.

He made his way to the port, hoping he could find a well kept bar close to the docks. Or anything where he could spend the night and eat a meal, along with a giant mug of ale.

Of course, to his luck, the only decent looking bar was filled with pirates. Many had scars on their arms or face. Some were missing an eye, others an ear. Sakusa would never understand how these raiders could live under these circumstances.

He chose a table in the darkest corner of the room, away from the crowd's stares. He dropped his bag at his feet and called a waiter.

"Whadaya want." the off looking man asked, crossing his arms. Sakusa noticed he was missing a couple teeth and stank of fish and alcohol.