Chapter 10. Seducing The Savage

Hannah peeped out the window and glared at Dakota as he talked to Silas. She reached for a small lamp on her dresser and threw it at him.

Dakota dodged the lamp without even turning around and kept talking to Silas who paused for a moment to stare at the broken lamp on the ground.

"Is she trying to kill you now?" Silas asked.

"Probably," Dakota sighed. Their relationship was a mess, and it was all his fault.

"You should talk to her, Dakota. She's hurt by your sudden departure and angry at you."

"I cannot get near her..." Dakota said in a strained voice.

Dakota had told Silas the reason why he had changed his mind about taking the job. He stared at the stubborn Native American and tilted his head. "But you know you want to. You know you can't avoid her forever. Sooner or later you're going to have to give her what she wants. She's a grown woman Dakota stop trying to protect her from yourself."

"Her mind isn't ready for me. If I touch her, I may trigger bad memories of her past, she may not be able to stand it. I will never forgive myself if I hurt her in some way.... she's still fragile..."

"Well it seems like she's made the decision to at least try, she's reaching out to you on her own. Seems like she's ready to me."

"I'm not..." Dakota said.

"She's not going to break if you touch her, Dakota. She loves you."

Another object came flying down at him that he dodged. "I am not so sure she loves me today..." he said as he stared down at the broken figurine of a hummingbird, he'd given to her as a gift. Now he was angry.

Dakota looked up at her finally acknowledging her.

Hannah gasped as those dark eyes of his sent a warning to her.

"Are you mad, Dakota? Then come up here and give me my punishment!" She dared him.

His eyes darkened with unspoken promises that sent a shiver down her body. A shiver that wasn't fear, and then he simply walked away.

"Ugh!" Hannah groaned in sexual frustration and hobbled back to her bed. Her ankle was healing extremely fast thanks to Dakota's miraculous medicine he grew in his back yard. The man could make a living selling those herbs and plants if he wanted to.

The first week she hadn't been able to walk on it at all. Dakota had stayed by her side as much as possible taking care of her and doing that time something had changed between them. Bored with nothing to do and wanting to take her mind off the pain, Hannah thought it would be a good idea to learn how to kiss. It was something she liked and she wanted Dakota to teach her how to do it right so that he would enjoy it as much as she did.

She had made the first move. He'd been sitting on her bed applying the salve to her ankle like he usually did three times a day. She'd waited until he'd finished and wiped his hands clean and then pulled him towards her. She'd caught him by surprise. He'd hesitated, his muscles stiffened, but she hadn't let that stop her. She continued to kiss him, her lips carefully moving over his firm warm ones. She could feel his body trembling as if he were struggling to hold back. She pulled away to look at him. His eyes were closed. "Am I doing it right?"

"Hannah," he whispered breathless, his eyes slowly opening. "What are you doing?"

"Obviously failing at kissing you..." she pouted.

"You're not...."

She kissed him again before he could finish, this time with passion. Yes, it needed to be a passionate kiss to get a man like Dakota to react.