Injured on a mission 03/03✨

Obi-Wan pov

I rush awkwardly towards where I saw Anakin fall, my leg that was struck by Dooku's lightsaber slowing me down. He lays half on and half off the railed platform, barely hanging onto consciousness.

"Hey, Anakin, it's going to be okay, I'm here," I say softly, crouching by him.

He groans as an answer, trying to lift himself onto the platform.

"Shhh, I've got you," His right shoulder is cut and burned badly, and I hold his wrist and his left shoulder to help him.

"O... Obi-Wan?" he says, trying to keep his eyes open.

"That's it. Are you hurt anywhere else?" I ask.

"No, I.. I don't think so," Anakin replies. "W-what about you?"

"His lightsaber got me in my leg, but I'm alright,"

He frowns. "Where's the count? Wh-where is he?"

"Dooku escaped on his personal ship about forty minutes ago," I explain.

"What? We have to find him, Master, we have to—" he says, trying to stand.

"Woah, Anakin, he could be halfway across the galaxy by now. Have you seen the state you're in?" I push him back down, bringing him back to his senses.

"I'm sorry Master. You're right," Anakin looks at the floor. 

"It's understandable, Anakin. I know you don't like him—"

"What did he do to you?"

"My leg's fine, it's you we should be worried about,"

"I know, but are you sure?" he asks.

"Yes. Completely sure. Now come on, let's go," I say, kneeling up.

"Ok," he replies.

"Do you need me to help you get up?"

"I don't think so," Anakin says. However, his right hand tightens on my left wrist as he gets to his feet.

He lets go of my wrist as we begin our walk to a ship. I try to walk as normally as possible, but the injury stops me from taking more than a few steps until I have to limp again. I can hear Anakin's breathing become heavier as we continue along the corridors. I look over at him, only to realise that he is a few paces behind me, holding his head and wincing every time his foot makes contact with the floor.

"Anakin?" I ask, stopping. "Are you alright?"

"My head.. it hurts. I should have said earlier," he says slowly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I say softly, walking over to him.

"I don't know," Anakin's voice cracks. "I'm sorry, I- I thought I would be okay," His breath comes in small gasps as he tries to stop it from hurting too much.

"Hey, just look at me. Breathe," I murmur, making him look at me. He does, and his eyes are filled with tears. "I know it hurts, but you'll be okay. You've been through worse than this before,"