Prologue

The wind brushed my hair behind my head as I rolled down the hill on my skateboard. The bumps from the pavement felt really relaxing; going over the little rocks that caused the bigger bumps made a small rush of excitement run through my veins. Now THAT, that was the best feeling ever. The feeling of falling was the best thing I've ever experienced.

I rarely fall now compared to when I was first learning how to ride the skateboard but being able to just skate all around the hotspots of this small town was the best thing ever. Especially when I got to make my stop at the Seven Eleven that marked my halfway mark. I get the same thing every time. A cherry slushy and sometimes the green colored can of the sour cream and onion pringles; if I have pockets that is. It's always such a vibe to just skate around the town at 2 or 3 am in the morning and just enjoy the lights and the piece and quiet.

Sadly though, it all doesn't always last for long. Eventually, it all has to go away when I come back home and everything goes back to the way it was when I left it. All the peaceful things go away for the time being and I'm back to the dramatic household, the dramatic school, stressful grades that are slowly going down, everything, it all goes back to the way it was when I first left it.