Chapter 6: Saviours

Rebel’s P.O.V

I was already half unconscious when the F.E.A.R leader unstrapped me from the rack and pulled me to me feet. He dragged me out the room to see the corridor filled with the captured people, all running for the exit. I could just about see five people directing the way out and loads of others unlocking the doors. “STOP!” the F.E.A.R leader yelled, still holding me. Everyone stayed where they were, including the five people. All eyes were on us. “If anyone, and I mean ANYONE, takes another step, she gets it.” he snarled. Something cool and sharp was placed to my neck. A blade. My eyes widened and I gulped. The five directing people found their way through the crowd to the front. I saw who they were. The Prophet, The Deviant, The Mystic, The Mourner and The Destroyer.

“Let her go, and you won’t get hurt.” Andy snarled, taking a single step forward. The blade was pressed deeper. I opened my mouth to yell.

“Go on. Scream. Cry for help.” the F.E.A.R leader hissed in my ear. I closed my mouth and laughter rang through the silent hall. “Thought not.”

“Let her go.” Ashley snarled.

“Now why would I do that.” the F.E.A.R leader asked slyly. “She’s been useful.”

“What do you mean?” Jake asked.

“She’s given me some inside information. Thank you, Rebel, but your services are no longer required.” the F.E.A.R leader whispered. He was about to slit my throat when I heard a wild cry and someone crashed into us. The blade was released from my throat. When I landed, I was lying on the ground, beside the F.E.A.R leader. Ashley turned to the crowd.

“GO! The rebels are waiting. LEAVE!” he yelled and the people turned and left. The hall was eerily quiet when they had left. The F.E.A.R leader lying beside me rolled onto his side with a groan. His eyes opened and he spotted me. He made a lunge for me but strong arms pulled me off the ground. “Don’t you touch her.” Ash snarled. Ashley held me in a comforting hug. My knees were weak, my head spinning, tears staining my cheeks. The F.E.A.R leader stumbled to his feet and started towards me and Ash, knife pointed forwards. Ashley held me tighter as I let out a small whimper of fear.

“We told you not to touch her!” Andy yelled, running forward and slamming into the advancing man. Suddenly, the blade came flying from no-where and bit deep into my side. I let out a scream before the darkness took over me.