Chapter 1: Impatient

I sat in camp, fiddling with my fingers. Everyone was around camp, sorting food supplies and medical supplies. I was the only girl. Never a job for me. Someone sat beside me. I turned my head to see The Deviant sitting there. He gave a small smile. “What’s up?” he asked, placing an arm over my shoulder.

“It’s just… You guys get to do everything. Fight, train. Then, what do I do? I just sit around all day doing nothing.” I muttered. I looked to the ground. He sighed heavily. He gently took my chin in his hands and lifted my head up to look him in the eyes.

“All we want to do is keep you safe.” Ashley explained.

“I know but it gets boring. Hang on…” I started. I looked around. “Where are the others?” I asked.

“They’re on patrol. They’ll be back in the afternoon.” Ash explained. I sighed again. “Your time will come. I promise.” Ash smiled. “Until then, go get some rest. You look really tired.” Ash commented.

“It’s probably just sun stroke.” I mumbled.

“Inside. Now.” Ashley said, sternly, pointing to the tent. Reluctantly, I stood up and trudged inside. I sat on the bed and I put my head in my hands. Ash came in a few moments later with a glass of water. I looked up. “Here.” He sat beside me and handed it to me. I drank it quickly.

“What’s it like?” I asked.

“What?” he asked back.

“The Expanse.” I said, looking out through the open flap of the tent. Ash sighed in deep thought.

“A wasted desert. There’s nothing really there. It’s where we found you.” Ash explained, placing a hands on my knee. I looked Ash in the eyes. “Come on. Go to sleep. I’ll wake you up when the others get back.” Ash smiled. I didn’t need telling twice. I lay down onto the bed and slowly fell off into dreams.

 ----------

I awoke later to someone gently nudging me awake. “Rebel. Wake up. They’re back” The Deviant whispered.

“Whaa?” I mumbled. Ash gave a small laugh.

“Come on. The others are back.” he whispered. I sat up, rubbing my face.

“What time is it?” I asked.

“Um… Nearly dusk. Up.” Ash said, gently taking my wrist and pulling me to my feet. He led me out the tent and to where the others were sitting. The Mystic was the first to notice my presence. He turned to look at me and gave a smile. I sat beside him which made the others notice. They looked worried.

“What?” I asked, concerned.

“It’s… Nothing.” The Prophet smiled.

“Why do I get the feeling you’re not telling me the whole truth?” I asked. I scanned Andy’s eyes. I saw something deep down… Something like… I gasped. “There was another attack!”

“Well… Yeah…” The Destroyer hesitated. Panic flooded into me.

“When were you planning on telling me?” I asked.

“Later. Maybe…” The Mourner muttered.

“Where?” I asked.

“Our out post. There was… What… Fifty people there? They’ve all just… vanished. Gone. Nothing there. Just… F.E.A.R’s symbols on poster everywhere. And a few messages.” Jinxx explained, looking out over waste land. He looked like he was searching for something, or someone.

“What did they say?” I asked, my voice suddenly deepening in pitch.

“Doesn’t matter. But… It’s not like F.E.A.R to randomly attack like this. What do they want?” Andy asked himself.

“They know that the less people we have, the weaker our army will be. Maybe that’s it.” I suggested.

“Maybe…” Jake muttered, in deep thought. Ashley clapped, making us jump.

“Well, I think we all need some rest. It’s obviously been a hard day. Go on, Rebel. I’ll be over in a bit Ash smiled, taking hold of my arm and pulling me to my feet. We reached the tent and Ash turned back and joined the others. I listened to what they were saying. “So, what did F.E.A.R want? I know you know.” Ash asked. Andy’s reply made my cheeks go pale and my blood run cold.

“They… They… They want Rebel back.”

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry it's short. This story is essentially a set of short chapters ending at Chapter 7 soooo... Yeah... Like, comment and vote if you liked it. Thanks for your support. Peace out.

Song on side: I am Bulletproof by Black Veil Brides >>>>

Rebel on side >>>>