Chapter 2: Secrets

“What? I don’t feel safe leaving her to sleep alone. What do we do?” The Deviant asked.

“Let her sleep with us?” The Destroyer suggested.

“It’s our only choice.” The Mystic sighed. Ashley spun around and headed towards the tent I was in, I dashed over to the bed, lying down and pretending to be asleep. I heard Ash come over to me and gently shake me awake.

“Rebel. Rebel honey. Wake up.” he whispered.

“Hmm?” I grunted, not opening my eyes.

“Open your eyes, sweetheart.” he smiled. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at him, convincingly tired. “You’re sleeping in our tent tonight. Alright?” he asked.

“What? Why?” I asked, sleepily sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

“Don’t argue with me Rebel. You’re sleeping with us until we find out why F.E.A.R are taking our army randomly. It’s only to protect you.” Ashley explained.

“What do I have to do with this though?” I asked.

“Never mind.” Ash sighed.

“It minds. Tell me.” I said.

“No. It doesn’t matter.” Ash said, obviously getting irritated.

“It matters. I’m not moving until you explain.” I said.

“Don’t be so defiant!” Ash muttered.

“That’s me. The Defiant.” I smiled.

“Do I have to carry you?” he asked.

“Maybe…” That’s all I got to say because, against my own will, Ashley grabbed my arm and pulled me to my feet. He spun me around so I was facing away from him. He bent down and grabbed my waist and picked me up. “HEY!” I yelled.

“I said I would.” Ash smirked. Before we left the tent, Ashley set me down gently before opening the flap. He cautiously looked out.

“What?” I asked.

“Shh.” he hushed, violently. Ash grabbed my wrist before running out, dragging me with him. We ran to the leader’s tent. Ash opened door and roughly pushed me in where I was greeted with a sudden hug. Before Ashley came in, he did a search of camp before returning within a minute. The Mourner led me to a seat and sat me down.

“Are you alright?” Andy asked, crouching down and taking hold of my hands. He sounded concerned.

“I’m fine.” I smiled. Andy let go with a relieved sigh and sat down. “What have I missed?” I asked, looking around. I didn’t have to act scared because I was.

“It doesn’t matter.” Jinxx smiled.

“It does. You’re hiding something. I think it’s about me. Why won’t you tell me?! You don’t ever tell me anything!” I asked. I looked around. Ashley was leaning against the beam, looking at the floor. Andy was sitting on the floor in front of me, head in hands. Jinxx was sitting on his bed, looking at his hands. Jake was standing behind me, looking at his feet. CC sat near the door, looking out.

“She has a right to know.” Jake muttered. Andy sighed. He kneeled up in front of me and once again took hold of my hands.

“Alright. Here I go. At our out post, F.E.A.R left a message, hundreds of times. ‘Give us Rebel back’.” Andy explained. I got even more scared.

“Me?” I asked quietly. I was starting to breathe harder.

“It’s alright. We’re not going to let them take you.” CC comforted from the door with a smile.

“Come on. You’re tired. Go on. Sleep.” Andy smiled, standing up and pulling me over to a bed.

“I’m going to do a last patrol of camp. I’ll be back in a bit.” CC sighed, standing up and leaving the tent. I lay down on the bed and the others did the same. Before Ash settled, he turned off the lamp. Darkness filled the room. I was scared. Terrified in fact. F.E.A.R were after me and I didn’t know what to do. I hoped the leaders were true to their word and they were going to protect me. I hope…

~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry again for the shortness of the chapter but asI said before, this story is essentially a set of seven short chapters. Thanks for your support. Peace out.

The Prophet/Andy Biersack on side >>>>