Roses

TW: Threats

When morning came, you were alone in the managers' quarters. Sighing to yourself you got out of bed, freshened up, and got dressed before heading out.  

A ball came flying to your face and you crouched down before effortlessly receiving it and sending it back to the team on the court, "Well good morning to you guys too!" A giggle escaped your lips as you walked into the gym wearing a gym uniform with your hair in a ponytail and knee and elbow pads on.

Karasuno and Fukrodani turned their head to see you and smiled. Kiyoko came up to you and scolded you for getting up when she had told you to sleep in, "You were given a day off, (Y/n). Why are you up?"

You pout and gave her puppy eyes, "To be a normal teenager maybe play a bit and help you guys out!"

She sighs and ruffles your hair, "Fine. Just don't push it." 

You give her a giant hug and step back when Suga and Daichi approach you, "Who said you were playing?" Sugawara sternly asks.

You turn your face into a living pleading face emoji, "Pleeeeeeeeaseeeeee, just a little!" 

 Daichi felt himself give in before he could process it, "Fine." You deserved to feel normal, even if it was for a little while. You had been through enough already. 

Suga didn't argue after he noticed your eyes sparkling with joy but swore to make sure you weren't exerting yourself as you went to the side to stretch. 

You helped Kiyoko and Yachi with manager stuff and even played with the boys, but they only let you play a set at a time, which you were fine with since you used the time you weren't on court to either help with some chores or write some notes on the players. 

Yachi had tied a cloth on your non-dominant forearm just like before and aside from a few small coughs here and there you were doing well so far.

You were in the middle of playing a set when you heard the doors to the gym open. You didn't turn away from the ball, Bokuto had just spiked it again and forced yourself to block it you watched with pleasure as it landed on the other side of the court within bounds, just missing Akaashi. 

Bokuto grunted, "This is the fifth time (y/n) has blocked me this set. AGAAASHI!!! Don't toss to me anymore!" 

You laugh at the way Bokuto's hair drooped and you stuck your tongue out at him, "Bleghhh!"

Akaashi almost smiles at that before remembering that Bokuto was now in emo mode, "Bokuto-San, I think she's been targeting your spikes to see your emo mode."

Bokuto playfully glares at you and you couldn't stop the words flying out of your mouth, "I couldn't help it! He's like a sad owl! It's almost adorable...except how it might be a minor setback at times."

Bokuto instantly perks up, "Ohhh so you find me cute (Y/n)!"

Everyone was watching this strange interaction and Tsukishima was giving off a deadly aura at this point, even Kageyama's smiling paled in making everyone's skin crawl. But you remained oblivious to him and giggled, "Yes, very adorable."

There was pin-drop silence in the gym and you watched Bokuto turn pink, "You remind me of my little brother. And just like him, you can't beat me!" You laugh and Bokuto starts chasing you and you run to hide behind whoever was in the way, using the body to put something between you and the Ace. Golden hair and glasses shielded you from the owl who wanted to mess your hair up and put you in a headlock. Tsukishima rolled his eyes as you hid behind him. But inside he was smiling, he was relieved that he wouldn't have to compete with the Oya squad for your attention...or so he thought.