Chapter 1

Lady Elizabeth of Knighton has spent weeks travelling on the secret roads from London to Nottingham where she was born. She thanked heaven that she had not been attacked by bandits on the road nor by her arch enemy.... Robin of Locksley she had no idea that he was back from the Holy land.

She road her horse hard and fast along must tracked roads of plush green roads of a forest she knew as Sherwood.

She could feel the excitement growing within her as she sped toward Nottingham on horseback..... on her 10 year old horse Pegerus.

She also felt the growing sense of trepidation as she rode though the forest as soon enough she'd know that the Nottingham she once knew had gone and the new Nottingham has born .... for all the wrong reasons.

Elizabeth was older than her sister Marian she knew that there was a difference between right and wrong. How would she feel if indeed the new norm for her hometown was indeed how looked from where she saw a stride on her dearest old companion Pegerus.... dull and Gray without hope of light or even lightness of spirit.

She felt the excitement push though her as she dug her heels into the side of Pegerus gathered up her speed into a gallop and they forged on fast though the remaining forest of Sherwood.

Pegerus reached the edge of Sherwood in no time Nottingham town was in sight Elizabeth smiled staring at it.

" We're home girl .... we're nearly there"! She whispered to her white horsey friend gently patting her side smiling into her horse " whose my best friend in the world besides Marian... you are aren't girl ... come on"! She urged the horse on.

" ah come on girl"! Shouted Elizabeth as spurred her horse foward the town her home.

Both her and Elizabeth the rush of blood run though them. Pegerus spurred across the green country side.

Two of the sheriffs castle guards saw the young woman rider and the horse galloping toward them suddenly he relieased they were heading for the draw bridge. As Elizabeth approached she had a quiry upon his face as rode on though the main city gates it soon became clear that everything had indeed .... changed for the worst it was not her fathers Nottingham the nottingham she knew as a child.

She now approached the huge gates to the grand building within it.

" Halt! State your business here"! Said the sheriff's gaurd gruffly.

Elizabeth gave the sheriff's gaurd the benefit of the doubt she held her breath smiling down at the sheriffs gaurd cladded in grey she took a deep breath and answered .....

"  I am the daughter of former sheriff of Nottingham Sir Edward and the sister of Lady Marian"! Said Elizabeth.

Immediately the gaurd gave in and opened the gate for her.

" in you go my lady"! Said the gaurd.

" Thankyou"! Smiled Elizabeth

She steadily rode into the castle courtyard there was quite a mean looking gibet.... that was well practiced at it's purpose.

The sheriff's steward came toward her taking hold of the horses reigns he looked up and said ....

" You may dismount now m'ilday"!

As she dismounted her legs felt wobbly after riding for weeks on the road so much that she stumbled backward on the cobbled stones.

" Could you make sure that my horse is well looked after"? Elizabeth smiled to the sheriffs steward.

Marian was walking the corridor that runs past the castle courtyard she smiled widely she grabbed her woolen dress down the steps and running down to meet her Elizabeth held her arms out to catch her. She wrapped her arms around her sister smiling profusely laughing pulling away Marian held her at arms length....still shocked that her eldest sister was here back in Nottingham.