five

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

j

ihoon removed the lollipop from his mouth and held it with his fingers, observing his mom correcting exam papers. she works as a literature teacher at a school a bit far from where they lived.

"why are you correcting papers? isn't it spring break?" his mom gave him a look of disbelief, "just because spring break is happening doesn't mean i can skip out on correcting exams..." she scolded, gripping her red ballpen harder than before.

jihoon sucks on his lollipop once again and sits in front of his mom, "ah, you can help compile the papers that have already been checked. and, since you're the 'top of your class,' you should check the student's papers, as well." she stated, pushing her thin framed glasses up.

the black haired boy internally groaned in annoyance, wishing he hadn't sat down. he let the lollipop balance in between his lips as he scanned the exam papers. he didn't understand much but tried to make an effort in reading the comprehension.

it took a while but he finally checked most of it- no, i was lying he's still reading the same exam paper. his mom glanced at him as he struggled to decipher the kanji to korean or english. she snatched the paper from him and sighed, "here have this instead. this student has bad grades anyway you'll just have to mark what seems to be wrong."

he looked at the name and shot up from his desk. immediately, he bolted to his room, grabbing the glass bottle which contained the letter he was oh so familiar with. he rushes back to where his mom sat and compared the handwriting.

"hey mom, can you read this for me?" jihoon asks, nervousness in his voice. his mother rolled her eyes and sighed, "mori [name], why?" jihoon grinned in excitement, almost finishing his lollipop up just from one single bite.

"spring break ends in a week, no? can you teach me japanese?"