Chapter Three; 💛🐺The One Thing He Didn't Expect🌹💜

🌹

The Rose knew the time was coming soon. 

He had found the temple where Inpu and Magnus lived just when Magnus had left. He heard the words they said, but he paid no mind.

The Rose cares not for their emotional drama.

He was tempted to break into the temple and kill him there, but that was illogical. Especially since Inpu left the temple about thirty minutes after Magnus left. 

Inpu wasn't heading in the direction of any civilization, which The Rose found odd but didn't complain about. He noticed Inpu's tear-stained cheeks and disheveled appearance, but he didn't care. Looks never mattered to him...

That was a lie, The Rose knows how much he cares about his own looks. He had never felt right looking like Bryan, and as soon as he was able to be himself again he was back to his original form. He loved every inch of his body from his elvish ears to the missing toe on his right foot. He didn't feel right without his purple skin and green eyes.

He realized how distracted he became and visibly facepalmed. His low magic levels were taking a toll on his focus.

'And sight...' he thought as he noticed how blurry things were. Honestly, this whole 'coming back' thing was getting old really quick. After being chained midair to a wall of spikes in the Greek Underworld, he lost quite a bit of feeling in his wings and feet. That made walking and flying a bit difficult at the moment, but it doesn't matter right now. What matters is that Inpu is alone with nobody around.

'Perfect... Don't worry, you'll see your husband soon. Just not in the way you want to.'

🐺

Inpu couldn't stay in the temple without the sounds of another person in there, so he left in the direction of nowhere.

'Silence while walking is better than silence alone in bed...' Inpu thought with a sigh as he trekked through the sand.

Step by step he was heading farther away from the temple and life overall. The sun burned on his skin in a comforting way, and the sand slipped through his toes. He smiled for the first time in a long while as he breathed in the scent of dust and cacti.

Then, it happened.

The Rose stepped out from behind a large sand dune and laughed.

"Happy to see me, Inpu~? " He taunted with a menacing grin.

But, Inpu didn't see that grin. He didn't hear the taunt. He saw all the things that he thought looked like Bryan. The wings, so powerful and strong, his cheekbones, toned and mature, and the clip in his hair...

He let out fresh tears and ran at him, arms outstretched.

The Rose had no time to react as his arms grasped him in a gentle hug.

🌹

The Rose was baffled.

This... this wasn't how it was supposed to go!

I-Inpu was supposed to yell at him and attack with no mercy!

Why was he touching him!?

Especially like this!

He expected pain, but he never felt it.

Why!?

Why didn't it hurt!?

This isn't right!

He hardly noticed the tears he was crying.

He felt faint.

This is too much.

He's never been touched like this...

It all went black, and that gentle touch stayed in his mind the entire time.