Chapter 12: Escaping S.H.I.E.L.D

(The next day)

Y/N's P.O.V

I was at home telling Maya about what happened last night with uncle Tommy being the Prowler and the Lizard killing that squad of S.H.I.E.L.D agents as I had found out that this morning from Nat.

Y/N: If I had handled the Lizard sooner those people wouldn't be dead.

Maya put her hand on my arm.

Maya: Y/N, it wasn't your fault, you couldn't of known that was gonna happen. You can't save everyone.

I nod.

Y/N: Yeah, I guess.

I then hear the door bell go off. I get up of the couch and go to the door and open to see Natasha. She walks in the house and hugs me.

Y/N: Hey, you okay?

Natasha: Yeah, I guess. I just can't believe that happened last night. Just don't blame yourself please, it wasn't your fault.

I nod my head and pull away from her.

Y/N: I'm sorry that you lost your friends.

Natasha: Thanks.

Before I can say anything my spider sense went off, but before I can do anything the S.H.I.E.L.D S.T.R.I.K.E team comes in and points guns at Maya and I.

The leader then comes over and puts power damping cuffs on me.

???: Y/N L/N, I'm agent Phil Coulson and I'm placing you under arrest for murdering S.H.I.E.L.D agents.

Y/N: Wait! What!? I didn't murder anyone.

Natasha: Coulson! What the hell!?

Phil: We found webs at the scene of the murder and they have no claw marks so it can't be the Lizard.

They start taking me away.

Maya: Y/N! What's going on!?

Y/N: Don't worry Maya! I'll be okay!

They drag me out of the house as a member walking out with my suit and web shooters they then put me in a car.

(Seven hours later)

After being interrogated for hours by Coulson and Rumlow I had finally had enough. Though whilst I was there I did her a couple of agents talk about some cure that was being created to stop the Lizard's plan, so at least there taking the threat seriously.

Y/N: I'm gonna tell you for the last time. I. Didn't. Kill. Your. Agents.

Rumlow: Oh yeah, then why did we find your webbing at the scene of the crime?

Y/N: Because the Lizard was there and I had webbed him down to the ground. I'm not a killer!

Phil: Well, let's ask a friend of yours, shall we?

I looked at him slightly confused.

Rumlow leaves the office and comes back with Zach in handcuffs.

Phil: Now, Zachary Daniels, you know this man is Spider-Man. Is that correct?

Zach looks at me.

Zach: Yes, I do.

Phil: And do you believe he's capable of murder?

Zach looks between Coulson, Rumlow and myself.

Zach: No, I don't. He's my best friend, not a murderer.

Y/N: See, I told you, I'm not a killer. Talk to Natasha Romanoff, she knows me, she knows I'm not capable of committing murder.

Phil: We would, but unfortunately we can't trust Romanoff to be subjective right now.

Y/N: You have to let me go! Connors is gonna turn the city into giant mutant lizard's. You have to let me stop him!

Coulson and Rumlow walk out of the room.

I start to look around the room to see if there's anyway of escape. I then come up with a plan.

Y/N: Look, Zach, I know we're in a sticky situation but I need to stop Connors and I can't do it without you. Do you trust me?

He nods.

Zach: Yeah, always.

I nod back.

Y/N: Okay, then follow my lead.

Zach: Okay.

A few minutes later Rumlow and another S.H.I.E.L.D agent called Jasper Sitwell came in. Zach and I break off the metal table legs and knock the two out. Zach grabs the keys and Rumlow's gun he then takes off both of our cuffs.

Y/N: Alright, let's go.

We stand and I open the door slightly and no one was out there.

Y/N: Zach, you come from a military family, and since S.H.I.E.L.D is like a military organisation you'd probably know where they're keeping my web shooters.

Zach: If I had to guess, I'd say their keeping 'em in the armory.

Y/N: Okay, let's go.

We sneak into the armory and I find my web shooters on the table.

Y/N: Nice, you were right.

Zach: Told you.

I looked for my suit but couldn't find it and I didn't have time to look for it.

Y/N: Alright, let's go. Remember, we're not looking to kill anyone, so if we run into anyone aim for their legs.

Zach nods.

We leave the armory and go around the corner and see a hallway with a squad of S.H.I.E.L.D agents.

Y/N: Uh, hi.

Zach: How are you?

They all pull their guns.

Zach and I nod to each other.

We run through the hallway Zach shoots the agents in the legs whilst I web them to the ground.

Once we get around the next corner, we see a window that we can escape through. But we see Natasha infront of us in her full Black Widow suit, she has her Widow stinger pointed at us.

Natasha: Stay where you are.

Y/N: Natasha, don't do this. Come on, you know me, you know I'm not a killer. Please you have to believe me.

Natasha's P.O.V

I look into to Y/N's gorgeous Y/E/C and I knew he was telling the truth. I had to help him, like he helped me.

Natasha: I believe you.

I see an agent come around the corner. I shoot him with my stinger, shocking Y/N and Zach.

Natasha: Come on, let's go.

They both nod. We start running and Zach shoots the window and the three of us jump out of the window and land in a dumpster below us.

Y/N's P.O.V

After climbing out of the dumpster we land on the ground and go into an alleyway.

Natasha: So, where do we go? S.H.I.E.L.D's gonna be looking for us.

I think for a moment.

Y/N: I know somewhere off the grid we can go.

Zach: You do?

Y/N: Yeah, follow me.

We start to head to the undisclosed location and I make a couple of calls along the way on the burner phone that Nat had.

I just hope we can make a plan before the Lizard can execute his grand plan.