Chapter 90: Brooklyn 2001

(Brooklyn, New York 2001)

Y/N's P.O.V

I come out of the quantum relem and land in my childhood bedroom in the year 2001, I would be nine years old at this point.

I deactivate my time travel suit and look around my room.

Y/N: Wow, it's just how I remember it.

I then hear footsteps heading towards this room.

Y/N: (Whispers) Oh shit.

I jump up and stick to the ceiling, I then see my mum walk into the room below.

Laurel: Hello? Y/N?

Mum looks over and sees that the window is open.

Laurel: Did you come home and sneak in through your bedroom window again?

Mum goes over to the window and closes it.

Laurel: Hmm, I must be going crazy.

She walk out of my room, I quietly land on the floor.

Y/N: (Whispers) That was close.

I then sneak out of the my old bedroom and sneak downstairs to see mum head into the kitchen.

When I get downstairs I see that mum has the Tesseract in a case on the dining room table.

I activate my mask then sneak down and move up against the wall.

Before I can get to the Tesseract I feel the barrel of a gun pointed at the back of my head. I turn to see mum pointing a gun at the back of my head.

Laurel: Who are you? And what the hell are you doing in my house?

Y/N: Woah, easy there.

Laurel: My husband is a police detective, you are making a big mistake. So, I'll ask you again, who are you?

Y/N: Even if I told you I don't think you'd believe me.

Laurel: Oh yeah? Try me.

Y/N: Okay, just don't freak out.

I deactivate my mask and mum's jaw drops as she sees my face.

Y/N: My name is Y/N Y/M/N L/N and I'm your son from twenty years in the future. It's me mum, it's Y/N.

She then starts tearing up.

Laurel: (Softly) Y/N?

Y/N: I'm your Y/N.

Mum starts to cry and pulls me into a hug.

Laurel: Oh, my baby boy. I can't believe you're here.

She pulls away and puts her hands on my cheeks.

Laurel: Look at you, you're so big and strong. You're still so handsome sweetie. You look so much like your father, especially with that beard.

She then runs her hands down my stubble.

Y/N: Yeah, Maya says the same thing. Mum, there's something I need to do here.

Laurel: What is it?

Y/N: To complete this mission I'm on I need to take the Tesseract.

Mum looks over at the Cube sitting in the case on the table.

Laurel: The Tesseract? Why?

I take mum over and we sit down at the table.

Y/N: It's best if I explain.

So for the next few minutes I sit with mum and tell her everything from when I was bitten by the spider to dealing with Thanos and the snap, obviously leaving out some details as I don't want to ruin the timeline too much.

Laurel: Wow, that's... that's a lot.

Y/N: Yeah, I know.

Laurel: So this snap that this Thanos did it turned your father and uncle Tommy to dust.

Y/N: Along with 50% of all living beings in the universe, and this mission my friends and I are doing can bring them all back. That's why I need the Tesseract as it contains one of the Infinity stones.

Laurel: Right, wow. Well then, you should take it. Help bring everyone you lost back.

I nod, I then notice mum look at my hand and spot my wedding ring, as during our conversation I deactivated my suit.

Laurel: Oh my god! Are you married in the future!?

I smile.

Y/N: Yeah, I am. Her name's Natasha, she's amazing and I love her so much.

I then show mum a picture of Nat and I together.

Laurel: She's beautiful. I'm so happy for you, it's good to know that the whole future isn't bad.

Y/N: Yeah, I'm also a dad.

Mum gasps.

Laurel: Really!? That's amazing!

Y/N: Yeah it is. His name is Oliver Y/N Steven L/N, he's three years old.

I show her picture of Ollie, Natasha and I together.

She smiles at this.

Laurel: So, not only are you a superhero but you're also a husband and a father.

Y/N: Yep, it's crazy. You always said that I was destined for great things. I guess you were right.

Laurel: I always knew I was. I'm so proud of the man you've become Y/N.

Y/N: Thanks mum, I've always tried my best to make you proud.

She smiles. We then both hear a noise out in the backyard.

Mum and I head outside with the case to see Tony and Steve standing there.

Steve: Come on Y/N, we gotta get back.

I activate my iron spider suit aside from the mask.

Tony: You got the Tesseract?

Y/N: Yep, you two get the Pym particles?

Tony: Yep, now let's go.

Tony then looks at mum.

Tony: Oh, you must be Y/N's mum.

Mum waves at Tony, she then hands me the case with the Cube in it.

Laurel: Looks like it's time for you to go baby boy.

I look at mum.

Y/N: I wish you could come with me. There's so much I want to tell you and show you.

Laurel: This is where I need to be Y/N. Just remember, that I'll always be with you, and watching over you.

I nod and mum kisses me on the cheek.

Laurel: I love you baby boy.

Y/N: I love you too.

I walk over to Steve and Tony then activate my time travel suit.

Y/N: Bye mum.

She waves to me.

Laurel: Bye Y/N.

Tony, Steve and I then activate the suits and head back into the quantum relem so we can get back to the compound in 2021.