Chapter 8

Jason's POV

I've got to get Selena off my mind. I don't know why I keep going to her house. She's really nice company don't get me wrong, but there's something about her that's so intriguing. Selena doesn't put up with bullshit. And I like that. She's a challenge.

Now if it was some other girl, she'd have no problem spreading her legs for me. Which gets me wondering how often they do it for someone else.

Fuck that.

So.. to get Selena's brown curly hair and big brown eyes out of my head, I've decided to do a little something for my fiancé.

I light up the last candle in the bathroom after setting up a romantic bath with rose petals and bubbles. I hope she likes this. Knowing her, she probably thinks I want something out of it.

Can't a guy do something nice for his girl? Oh wait. I forgot. Not me.. because I'm Jason McCann. "The cold blooded killer."

I hear the front door slam closed from downstairs, then the sound of keys dropping onto the counter before Yovanna calls out, "Baby? Are you home?"

I glance around making sure everything is perfect before turning off the bedroom light.

"Yeah! Just upstairs!"

Not even a few seconds later, she's walking into the bedroom with her top half undone. "I just had the most exhausting day of my life. How was-.." she stops mid-sentence and looks around at what I've done. Her eyes meet mine. "What's all this?"

I walk over and grab her suitcase from her hand then toss it on the bed. "I um.. I did this for you. I figured you might just wanna relax a little so there's.. A candle lit bubble bath waiting for you in the bathroom."

That's romantic, right?

Yovanna smiles then walks over to me, and kisses me softly before whispering, "wanna join me?"

See? I knew she'd think I'd want something in return. But that's the thing about her and I. We don't talk. We don't do anything, but have sex. Our relationship is just... complicated.

I raise my eyebrow and pull away from the kiss. "Seriously? You'll let me?"

She bites her lip and nods grabbing onto my hand. "Come on baby." Standing up from the chair I was sitting in, her hands tug my shirt over my head, then drops it to floor. She leads me into the bathroom.

"I... O-Okay.." I said, then followed behind her. For the first time in my life, I didn't want to have sex. I wanted to cuddle, and just talk until the sun comes up.

But not with Yovanna.

I grab onto her half opened shirt, and unbutton it the rest of the way pulling her body close to mine.

She looks up at me then slowly brings her hands to my cheeks. "What's wrong baby?" She bites her lip bringing her hands down to stop my own. "What's on your mind?"

Selena.

I let out a breath dropping my hands from her completely. "Does this feel right to you? Does getting married feel right?" She doesn't say anything for awhile. Maybe I wasn't the only one thinking it.

"Well, of course.. I mean, we love each other and wanna spend the rest of our lives together, right?" She asked.

That's it. I'm done pretending. It's exhausting actually.

"But do we actually love each other? It's too soon Yovanna. We aren't even out of high school yet. And I've seen you've been hanging around Ryan.. The guy from my football team, and that's okay with me. It really is. But I don't think this is what we want.."