𝗪𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝗢𝘂𝘁 𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗙𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘂𝘁𝘀

"𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐈 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬?

"This is the end of the line," Ma said looking in the back seat smiling at me and Daniel. She rolled her eyes, "Wake ya brother up Y/n, we're gonna need all hands on deck." I looked over at Daniel leaning his head back on the seat.

"DANIEL! DANIEL! WAKE UP THERE'S A FIRE!!" I shouted him as he jolted up his eyes wide, mumbling something. I burst out in laughter at his reaction, looking over at me he realised I was joking and relaxed again.

"God, you scared me, you idiot," he wiped his eyes while I stepped out of the car. Well, that's what he gets for complaining the whole way here. I was bombarded with boxes almost toppling me over as Ma dived in the boot again. 

"Look at those palm trees, damn you know what that means?" Ma beamed.

"Yeah, watch out for falling coconuts," Daniel said pulling on the wires holding down his bike. I had to give him that one he was right.

"Wiseguy. No more Newmark winters," She smiled trying to lighten the mood.

"Winter's the best time of the year," I moaned Daniel nodding in agreement, trying not to topple the things Ma handed me.

"Oh, you like sore throats? You like frozen toes?" she responded sarcastically.

"I don't like smog," Daniel shot back.

"Did I tell you about the pool here," Ma tried to divert our attention. I rolled my eyes at her numerous attempts to try to dazzle us with the pool. I looked over at Daniel who was a similar expression.

"About a 100 times," he sighed.

"Now making it 101," I also sighed as mom walked to the gate.

"Apartment 20 one floor up, remember that we won't want you to get dropped in the pool," she shouted disappearing behind the door. Daniel finally got his bike off the rack hanging his suitcase on the bike handle. We continued to walk down the path until Daniel karate kicked the door earning an ow from someone on the overside.

"Are you okay," I asked the boy while Daniel helped him repeating apologies.

"It's all right, let me help you with that," he cradled his nose before grabbing a couple of boxes.

"You must be the new people in apartment  20, right?" he asked. 

"Yeah," me and Daniel both said in unison.

"Freddy Fernandez, apartment 17," He said as we started to walk.

"I'm Y/n LaRusso and this is my most charming brother Daniel," I introduced sarcastically.

"Where are you guys from?" Freddy questioned.

"New Jersey," Daniel replied.

"What are you doing out here?" he continued.

"My mom got a job with some company out here, Rocket Computers. Flight of the future I don't know," he explained as we walked through the gate. I looked down at the pool to see it barley half full with murky water and a sad deflated duck.

"Hey is this the only pool you got here?" I asked disappointedly.

"Yeah, it is, Hey Daniel was that Karate right there?" he bombarded him with questions. I was actually looking forward to the pool even if ma had ruined it by mentioning it every two seconds. My thoughts were interrupted by an old woman writing in a magazine.

"This place is a dump you should go back to New Jersey," She continued writing in her book. She wore a floral grandma looking dress and a see-through fabric headband holding back her short grey hair.

"How did you know where we were from?" Daniel asked. 

"Cause I'm from New Jersey, I got a nose for my own," she gloomed. Wonder if she lived near us?

"What part?" I asked voicing my thoughts.

"Parsippany," she sighed.

"My Uncle Loui's from Parsippany," he grinned.

"Louie Martini?" She questioned looking interested now.

"Louie LaRusso," Daniel said.

"Louie LaRusso, don't know him," she leaned back in her chair again Freddy chuckling. Well, that was anti-climatic. I heard shuffling underneath my feet I looked down to see a small puppy. I bent down putting down my boxes on the floor and started stroking them. 

"You thirsty," Daniel came next to me stroking him and getting back. Freddy gestured that she was crazy as we walked upstairs.

"She seems nice," I defended her.

"Hey what are you guys doing tomorrow?" Fredy asked passing me my boxes again.

"Umm nothing really," I responded Daniel opening the apartment door.

"There's a beach party tomorrow you both should come," he said.

"Yeah sounds cool, meet you here tomorrow," I arranged. Freddy nodded walking back down the stairs.

"Thanks for the help," Daniel yelled before pushing me through the door and closing it.

Before I could even take a breath mom said, "Don't say anything about the pool, I'll call first thing in the morning." I looked around mom was dusting our bookshelf looking around in awe. Even though our place was bigger back in New Jersey it was so crowded, Uncle Louie basically overtook the whole house. It looked a little worn down but I knew if Ma was cleaning it would look more than perfect.

"Did you tell that old lady where we were from?" Daniel asked grabbing a bowl from a box labelled kitchen.

"Yes, didn't she remind you of your Aunt Tessy?" she laughed looking back at him.

"More like Uncle Louie," he scoffed walking over to the sink.

"I really think we're going to do good here, no more uncle Louie crowding the sofa huh," she went sat down on the chair. I finally put the boxes down on some small table.

"No honey, they go in your bedroom, take them in there will ya," Ma explained fanning herself with her hands. Before I picked them up again water splashed Daniel soaking him.

"See Daniel it's for the fire I was talking about," I laughed getting the boxes and wandering into some rooms. The room had a small bay window with hideous yellowed curtains with printed flowers and cats hugging them. The room was spacious and plus it already had my bed in it so I guess it was my room anyways. I set the boxes on my bed unpacking all my clothes and my other stuff. 

"So what are you wearing for the beach party tomorrow?" Ma asked helping me unpack.

"I don't know just the casual," I answered.

"Well you never know there might be a cute guy there," she nudged me smirking. 

𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐟 𝐢𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞?"

Heyy thnxx for reading and so this was kinda longer than it needed it to be but yeah byeee <333 *shifts to Karate Kid btw enjoy the lyrics to songs in my every chapter XOXO Gossip Girl