𝗛𝗲 𝗛𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗠𝗲

"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞,

I started stuffing my face with Ma's breakfast and chugged the orange juice. "Y/n if you keep eating like that you'll choke yourself," Ma laughed frying more mood food for Daniel. I winced at the memory of the whole gagging situation last night reminding me of what Johnny called me.

"Ma you studied french didn't you," I asked chewing on toast.

"Yeah, why?" she assured.

"What does cherry umm no chérie mean," I tried to act casual not causing too much attention.

"Oh, it means sweetheart," she answered turning to me.

"Oh cool," I replied my teeth gritting I swear if he calls me that again. Ma interrupted my thoughts.

"Did someone call you that, was it a cute guy?" her lips turned into a grin as she sat in the seat opposite me. I hesitated looking around me for an excuse why I would ask and my eyes landed on the minute maid.

"No, it was on some juice carton," I shrugged. I saw she was about to pry me further until she noticed Daniel out of his bedroom. I got up and grabbed my bag in case Ma questioned me anymore. Daniel walked in wearing shades ten times bigger than his eyes but Ma didn't notice as she went back to frying.

"So, how was the party," Ma asked hoping to get answers from Daniel.

"It was okay," he sighed.

"Must have been more than okay, I didn't hear you come in," she urged. We had to wait 15 minutes for Ma to go to bed so she wouldn't see Daniel's state. And then we waited for another 10 to make sure she was asleep and even then after we got inside we had to creep in the house to not wake her.

"Any friend material?" she looked at me doe-eyed, ugh she's not gonna let this go.

"Some, we got to go, "Daniel answered grabbing a piece of toast and heading for the door as I followed him with my backpack on my shoulder.

"Eat first," Ma obliged.

"I'm not hungry," he answered.

"You need energy to be charming," Ma continued.

"He's fine we got to go," I opened the door.

"Do me a favour take of the glasses," she insisted probably getting suspicious.

"Why?" Daniel questioned.

"Cause I asked you to," Daniel wasn't going to get out of this house without mum seeing his eyes even if she had to claw them out his eye sockets.

"It's California it's the look," Daniel replied cooly.

"I want to see you baby browns," she declared.

"Ma stops it with the baby browns," he laughed off practically shoving me out the door.

"Are you on something?" her smile disappeared to a glare.

"Yeah I'm on minute maid," he replied.

"Why hide your eyes?" she questioned and glanced at me to give her any ideas but I didn't give anything away. I knew he was hiding it cause he has a black eye even in the dark last night I could see it bruising.

"I'm not," Daniel walked out the door but Ma carried on so he just stayed there.

"Take off the glasses now," she demanded sternly. And he took off the glasses revealing his swollen bruised eye it even looked sore to look at.

"My God how did that happen?" she rushed over too him inspecting his eye.

"He hit a kerb with his bike he probably did it cause he didn't want you to be worried," I explained Daniel nodding. Grabbing his wrist I  dragged him out the door. Daniel reassured her and we said bye walking to the bike rack outside the apartments.